Led Net Lights

But if he can't replace the bulbs, he'll probably use both of the pods that come with the LED Keeper right off the bat. Then he'll have to buy more pods. That's the only downside of the LED Keeper.

Python: what could be the up side?  How can we repair or get a bad section back operational again without the POD's?  There are so many different ways the LED strings are being designed.

Any recommendations?

• 11 months later...

I have a set of LED net lights that were working just fine. I went out last evening and it is out except for about half of the net which is very dimmly lit. I tested each bulb individually and they are good. I am guessing that this net is now junk?

Could be a bad bulb, could also be a bad resistor.

I've got a standard set of LEDs laying in my bedroom.. with one half of of it that sometimes is on full brightness, sometimes its real dim, sometimes off. After testing the bulbs (all working) I figured out its a bad connection in the 'resistor glob' ... on your set go out at night, find the 'resistor glob' (there's more than one on some sets) and gently wiggle the wires going into it, if the set changes brightness you probably have the same issue I did. If there's only 2 wires going into the 'glob' it is just a resistor and can be easily replaced.

I have another string of the same lights up outside that I noticed half of it started acting flakey recently. I didn't feel like even messing with it while up (too much of a pain LOL)...so i just unplugged the thing and ran another set right ontop. Problem solved. :) I'll look at it once its down, checking the resistor first, then if needed bulbs one at a time.

I was referring to the fact that only two pods come with it. It's simply a money issue as far as that goes and I understand completely. Don't get me wrong. I love my Keeper.

I cut the wires close to the defective bulb and then use a wire nut to connect, wrap in electrical tape, and then use shrink tubing to seal.  I do not use the Pods.  Am I doing anything wrong??

One bulb should not be to much of a concern. I wouldn't do any more you will over load the rest of the bulbs and then you get DLED's

A trick buy 330 ohm resisters instead of bods and just shrink wrap them