I've had a holdman star in my display for three years that i made out of 1/2" plywood. I've been very pleased with it but after 3 years the plywood has begun to delaminate(poor quality materials from overseas).And before we get in to a discussion on building materials,just a little FYI,i've had my own construction business for over 30 years.So, my questions are:

1.Has anyone used this http://store.3glightingcreations.com/large-holdman-star-green  wireframe holdman star? 

2. Did you use C9 lights on it?

3.If so,how did you mount them to the frame(with the plywood frame the bulbs are mounted with point facing forward)?

I'm replacing the plywood frame i have now and am looking ahead to this year.

I think the wireframe would be a more long term solution if the lights work well with the frame. 

Comments and pics if any.

Hi guys and gals if anyone would be interested in a star I'm thinking of having some cut out at my work on a cnc they will be made out of a product we use to build custom house window and door features and columns it is a pvc material we get in very large sheets and will last pretty much forever if anyone might be interested I can get a price and what shipping would be.

Hi guys and gals if anyone would be interested in a star I'm thinking of having some cut out at my work on a cnc they will be made out of a product we use to build custom house window and door features and columns it is a pvc material we get in very large sheets and will last pretty much forever if anyone might be interested I can get a price and what shipping would be.

What is thickness and color of material? Is it similar to the starboard material? 

It comes in various thicknesses 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 1, 1 1/8 its a product called synboard and it is white but sands and cuts and routes just like wood with no grain to worry about.

The only concern i would have is reflection from the white color. Is the product paintable???