Yikes, Usps Rate Change To Parcel Post

You probably heard that the price of a first class postage stamp went up. Well so did shipping rates via parcel post.  Parcel post is now called "standard post" on the USPS shipping calculator website. Along with the name change came a huge rate increase.

Example: last week a box 36" x 18" x 16", weighing 8 lbs; a typical size for a medium-sized blow mold, shipping from Central Ohio to Florida, cost $17.15.

New rate for the same package $27.15.

In case you're wondering I check UPS Ground, on-line cost estimate ~$36

If your shipping a blow mold, or buying one, double check the shipping rate, you might get a big suprise.

So our inefficient postal service will continue to lose money even though you'll be paying more for shipping whether buying or selling. :(

Also now ebay and paypal will take a bigger chunk 

Yes..... once you figure out the shipping costs you can pass them on to the buyers on Ebay............. BUT you are losing profits to ebay because  they not only tap you on final sale fee but also on your shipping fees ...............So in my eyes there are two winners USPS and EBAY and two losers Sellers and Buyers.......And if you are a smart Seller there will be only one loser.................

Basically you need to add 25% to your shipping costs if you are using standard post...used to be parcel post , prices have risen dramatically for oversized packages.

I have also heard that  usps is considering a surcharge for anything that is not shipped in a box, ie there goes any savings  you may get from just bubble wrapping.

This increase in fees will seriously hurt blowmold sellers and buyers alike.

Basically you need to add 25% to your shipping costs if you are using standard post...used to be parcel post , prices have risen dramatically for oversized packages.

I have also heard that  usps is considering a surcharge for anything that is not shipped in a box, ie there goes any savings  you may get from just bubble wrapping.

This increase in fees will seriously hurt blowmold sellers and buyers alike.

If the Bubble Wrap UpCharge is True then USPS may be making a mistake...........The Bubble Wrap option and savings were the only reason to use USPS instead of FEDEX and UPS

If the Bubble Wrap UpCharge is True then USPS may be making a mistake...........The Bubble Wrap option and savings were the only reason to use USPS instead of FEDEX and UPS

I do not know if this is true or not was just talking with the clerk at my local office and I was grumbling about the increase and she said that the post office felt it was losing money by not keeping there pricing in line with fedex and ups

Ok so we are losing money so lets raise our prices and lose more customers, there business sense never ceases to amaze me.

More Info is coming out on this "No Delivery Saturday" Thing. I read today in the newspaper that they are proposing to deliver packages and PO Box mail on Saturdays. ........Here is what's not being shared................ All Post Offices that normaly are open on Saturdays will  still be open on Saturday to take in mail and packages.