Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10jeater

Beware!

Publisher/Editorial Director

Lyn Brady

Ext 222

[email protected]

They need a followup story.

I did that yesterday (senior editor Erin) after some FB discussion,  and from the email exchange they don't seem too interested in looking into things. Multiple emails may help, but, I sense they are not an investigative type magazine, and would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.

This is the first time that i may be glad Im poor because I have wanted to do a (lor) show for a longtime and i may have been taken by this bum If i had the money.. but I hope you recoup your losses and I would see this through until the end and have him arrested sorry this happened to you....it sux its an expensive lesson learned....hes a piece of garbage for doing this to you and thanks for letting us all know about him best way to stop someone like this is to expose them good luck in getting your money back but i surely would press charges....

Didn't he post his driver's license in the original picture too?  Unless that was a fake......seems like some useful info on there.

The man has three names and yes, I will be contacting the newspaper about him and determining which part of the Federal Government to contact. Any suggestions?

So far I have heard from the Sherrif that his uncle (I think) has been contacted but I have not heard much more. I will be following up.

I told him to man up yesterday on his FB page and take care these issues. He deleted my post but not my friendship. I was against harassing his church but that was before he used church tax exempt status as part of his scam. The church needs to know as their 501C3 status could be in jeopardy. This borders on a federal fraud case. Was there any mail correspondence? Mail fraud could also be tacked on.

First off watch what you are saying on here. He can still come in and view the posts and on the Facebook dicussion. He is already looking for a new place to live, so I am sure that he has seen some of the chatter.

The reason he has not deleted your "Friendship" because he can still see everything you are posting on Facebook. 

I just submitted my report to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx which is an online complaint division for internet fraud. I would recommend anybody else who has been wronged by this man to submit their story.

However, please take the time to fill out the forum wholesome and completely.

I don't want our cases to be ignored because someone posts something like:

"dexter scammed me outta laods of cash. He's a bad bad man who should be sent to prison 4-ever!"

I appreciate your professionalism when filing your report.

First off watch what you are saying on here. He can still come in and view the posts and on the Facebook dicussion. He is already looking for a new place to live, so I am sure that he has seen some of the chatter. The reason he has not deleted your "Friendship" because he can still see everything you are posting on Facebook. 
First off watch what you are saying on here. He can still come in and view the posts and on the Facebook dicussion. He is already looking for a new place to live, so I am sure that he has seen some of the chatter. The reason he has not deleted your "Friendship" because he can still see everything you are posting on Facebook. 
To keep him from reading your posts on Facebook, simply create a special friends group with him as the only member. Then you can block what posts he reads on your page.

Contact your post master! Let me explain before you think im crazy. If you made payment to this person that crossed state lines its considered mail fraud and its a felony. I think you said you sent it Western Union and it did not go by mail it should still be able to be filled under federal law as long as it crosses state lines.

Lets dive into a few other things here as well in what I would do. If you have any emails from him I would do a ip search on that email on were it was sent from http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/  there are free sites that will also help in this. Once you have the location I would call local law enforcement in that area but I would not count on them doing anything. I would also look into western Union and see what fedral law he broke and who to contact regarding filing criminal charges. I would have to say if it crossed state lines you have a case. If not it will be small claims. Its Federal if it crossed state lines and I would use the word Federal when talking to his local cops and Western Union in hopes to get them to do something for you.  Im sure Western Union said you need to contact the local law enforcement were this happened. Thats a ploy to get rid of you. I would tell Western Union a Federal Crime took place using there services and it is there issue just as much as it is yours. I hope that helps!!!

I have been trying to help him locate the jerk, he is working for a company and is traveling around the east side of the country working for some type of Verizon/Comcast  deal.

I remember this old thread from earlier this year when we received the following email earlier today. I find this to be an all too eerie coincidence. My gut tells me he's still at it:

----

Dexter Drake  Yesterday 04:15 pm

Hello,

We are in need of some new LED light strings to replace a bunch that got 
damaged while in storage this spring. We have a large light display our 
church does every year right outside of Austin, all proceeds go to help 
purchase Christmas presents for kids in the surrounding areas that wont 
have any. Our old vendor went out of business, and we had a terms account 
/purchase order account with them. I was hoping to see if you would be able 
to extend or open such an account for us with you so we can get the lights 
we need, and pay in full shortly after our opening night, nov 19th, once we 
have donations coming in? The church fully backs all accounts. We just 
began setup, and are in a bit of a time crunch, if you would be able to 
help us out, this would be an amazing blessing! Please let me know! thanks

Dexter Drake 
Faith Christian Church- Special Events

Wow! Wow! It seems crime does pay.

JHomes & I both contacted the sherrif where Dexter used to live and his parents still do and he uses church and kids in need for an excuse to swindle lights.

There is a special place for you Mr Dexter Williams (aka Drake) or whatever your new last name will be!

Darren,

The "vender" that went out of business is us haha. We did NOT go out of business, we just wised up to him.

Jeff

ATTENTION:

If you have been "taken" by Dexter in any way, or if you have been approached by Dexter, please email me.

I am collecting information to determine the scope of his crimes. Please email me any and all evidence that you have: invoices, email threads, proof of delivery, etc.

Do NOT include person bias but simply the facts.

I appreciate your assistance.

Email [email protected]

I am a "Newbie"...My first time here. I have purchased 2 light o rama controllers and software from this person “Dexter Willams” and he told me he would ship them to me. I have not received my items. I paid him $300.00 through paypal. I decided to do some research and found this same add in Huston, Denver & Boulder Colorado, Philadelphia and more. I live in Denver. I believe this guy Dexter Willams is stealing money from people other than me. I was trying to replace and re- do my Christmas display this year because of the flood we had here in Colorado. Allot of my Christmas items/ displays were destroyed and I was trying to rebuild it. He knew this! This is how low this guy really is. Taking advantage of a flood victim and all those spending every last dime to put a smile on the faces of children! I hope he enjoyed my money on his vacation he said he was going on! Maybe a little vacation behind bars will teach him a lesson. I will get justice!

Please let me know who to contact. I am going to file a report with the FTC.

Here are his adds. I also found him on Facebook & Youtube. I refuse to let him get away with this!

Christmas light O rama controllers and Cosmic color ribbon

I have 2 16 channel controllers for sale, fully assembled with enclosures and used 1 season. They have heatsink, and come with the software and all cables, I also have 3 CCR's for sale. Also used 1 season comes with contrllers for them and cables and software. Asking 150.00 for each item. or 600.00 flat for all 5. Email me ASAP if interested.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/dexwilliams7/photos

Thought I would share pic's of the flood (24" of water in barn) & Last years display. 

post-18828-0-63034600-1381983250_thumb.j

post-18828-0-89380200-1381983279_thumb.j

post-18828-0-57508000-1381983300_thumb.j

post-18828-0-80538900-1381983664_thumb.j

He keeps doing it because he can. My next door neighbor is a police officer and told me I have very little recourse.

Dexter got me for 2 CCR's in February for $400.00

The good news for you is that you did the transaction through Paypal.

Dispute it through Paypal and you will get your funds back no problem.

Dexter will never reply back to Paypal to dispute it.

He won't have the proof he shipped anything!

Jeff,

Have you seen any progress in any of your efforts?

Calvin

No updates yet. But stay tuned.