Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10jeater

Beware!

Here's his Christmas display Facebook page. looks like he might be heading back down there to do the display, at least you will know where he is.

https://www.facebook.com/hillcountrychristmas?directed_target_id=0

His latest quote from today

There maybe a little Christmas magic in the air today...things just might be aligning to allow me to come home and put together my Hill Country Christmas Lights drive thru display for the 11th year! 1 million lights will hopefully be shining bright in 28 days....

I did get some controllers from him in January, Here is the contact info he gave me:

512-955-1706 was his phone number, email address was [email protected]. The address he gave was Dexter Williams 6300 S congress ave, apt 507, Austin ,tx, 78745. His PC name was texaslightguy.

Hope this helps.

Dexter is at it again, he has posted another ad on Craiglist, see below.  I fell for it, sent him $300.00 & now get no response until I start to threaten him with reporting this to the police & such.  He is now in Seattle, WA at 735 Pike St Ste 11-13, Seattle, WA 98101.  He supplied me a FedEx number to overnight the check & in checking the tracking it shows that it was signed for by a Dexter Williams.  Emil address he used with me is [email protected].  The latest email I received from him was someone claiming to be his sister, saying that he died on October 7th in a head on collision in Seattle, WA & that she would return my money.  Surprise, no response since my email reply to "her".  Her email is [email protected].  This guy is a real piece of work...  I found no obituary or news report for a head on fatality in Seattle on Oct 7th.  I plan to contact FedEx to see if he is actually associated with the account number he gave me.  If he is, I will be posting the account number wherever I can.  If we can't get our money back, maybe we can make him pay by paying shipping costs for others.  I have reported the ad to Craigslist as a scam.

Craigslist ad I responded to:

Ad #: 4073467733

Christmas light O rama controllers and Cosmic color ribbon

I have 2 16 channel controllers for sale, fully assembled with enclosures and used 1 season. They have heatsink, and come with the software and all cables, I also have 3 CCR's for sale. Also used 1 season comes with contrllers for them and cables and software. Asking 150.00 for each item. or 700.00 flat for all 5. Email me ASAP if interested.

Dexter is at it again, he has posted another ad on Craiglist, see below.  I fell for it, sent him $300.00 & now get no response until I start to threaten him with reporting this to the police & such.  He is now in Seattle, WA at 735 Pike St Ste 11-13, Seattle, WA 98101.  He supplied me a FedEx number to overnight the check & in checking the tracking it shows that it was signed for by a Dexter Williams.  Emil address he used with me is [email protected].  The latest email I received from him was someone claiming to be his sister, saying that he died on October 7th in a head on collision in Seattle, WA & that she would return my money.  Surprise, no response since my email reply to "her".  Her email is [email protected].  This guy is a real piece of work...  I found no obituary or news report for a head on fatality in Seattle on Oct 7th.  I plan to contact FedEx to see if he is actually associated with the account number he gave me.  If he is, I will be posting the account number wherever I can.  If we can't get our money back, maybe we can make him pay by paying shipping costs for others.  I have reported the ad to Craigslist as a scam.

I have 2 16 channel controllers for sale, fully assembled with enclosures and used 1 season. They have heatsink, and come with the software and all cables, I also have 3 CCR's for sale. Also used 1 season comes with contrllers for them and cables and software. Asking 150.00 for each item. or 700.00 flat for all 5. Email me ASAP if interested.

Well he is still on Facebook so it must have been a quick death and speedy recovery. 

Well he is still on Facebook so it must have been a quick death and speedy recovery. 

I also suggest you get charges laid against him. You might have all the info that is needed. and don't wait he was talking about leaving back to Texas soon.

If you share that Fedex number for others to use, then you are just lowering yourself to his kind of antics.

That address is a Fedex-Kinkos, apparently using it as a mail drop.

I also suggest you get charges laid against him. You might have all the info that is needed. and don't wait he was talking about leaving back to Texas soon.

It won't help.

Unfortunately, he is not a big enough fish for the authorities, no matter how many people he keeps swindling.

"Crime does pay" , both in dollars and lights!

I also posted a Scamming alert ad on Craigslist, see my ad, http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/4150138593.html.

Imagine that, the Hill Country Christmas Lights Facebook page has been removed.

I posted the same on the Sacramento CL, maybe anyone in a big area copy and past it in a new CL post.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/4158137153.html

The guy isn't stupid. Chances are he is monitoring this very thread so every time you find something on him it instantly disappears!

The guy isn't stupid. Chances are he is monitoring this very thread so every time you find something on him it instantly disappears!

What is disappearing?

His Facebook, his Christmas Display Page, his Craigs List Posts, etc. Basically anything we have revealed we found.

His Facebook page will never disappear, he might block people, but he needs to know there real names. Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Besides shutting him down would be the best thing. Let him delete all of his selling posts on CL. At least he can't take anymore people for a ride.And he has already shut down his facebook page for the Church display. 

Well it looks like a couple of CL readers are happy that I posted that warning, and one was scammed by him as well for $300.00. and the other person was just about to buy from him.

Here is something very interesting I just saw...he has two accounts here at PC 

wwchristmasguy     hccguy18

So he is for sure using one of them to see what we are saying!  

Check your message's

I must be the latest of his scams. I sent him $300 to the address in Seattle. I have been able to dig up some info on him which I think is valuable. Anyone had any success in getting their money back?