Genfoam 2013 Catalog

Andrew Albertson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, if these new molds actually make it to the stores, can we make a pact now that we will buy them at retail price BEFORE Christmas and not wait till the week after to "see how far they go on sale"? 

Ok, if these new molds actually make it to the stores, can we make a pact now that we will buy them at retail price BEFORE Christmas and not wait till the week after to "see how far they go on sale"? 

Yes! I will make that pact. Can't wait to get them!

I am with you! I never try that, because around here their gone way before the holiday!

I'd also like to see a pearlized egg picture too please!

Here they are, the yellow ones are just plain ugly, the pearl finish somehow gave them a pea green look, so I didn't get any of them, love the other colors! Going to get to another store for more big ones and small ones, I bought my local store out LOL I also found the baskets the other day, did buy a yellow one but still don't really care for it, these things are as flimsy as milk jugs but their cute enough.

very disappointed all they ever make are more of the same more santas more snowman more nativity why cant they make some unique items how about a charlie brown with wilted tree or some disney characters or even a sponge bob I can find snow man at yard sales for $5 or less I don't need one with a scarf on vs one with out sorry to the collectors who are excited but this just makes me sad

very disappointed all they ever make are more of the same more santas more snowman more nativity why cant they make some unique items how about a charlie brown with wilted tree or some disney characters or even a sponge bob I can find snow man at yard sales for $5 or less I don't need one with a scarf on vs one with out sorry to the collectors who are excited but this just makes me sad

I thought the same thing. To the casual decorator that just uses a blowmold or two, they allready have a santa and or a snowman, chances are they are not going to run out and buy another just because it's different, they may not even know it's different. I pass on hundreds of santas each year at the flea markets. Would have been nice to see a new design, but as a collector it is still nice to see something new and finally some new paint schemes, wish they would change their Easter colors. I could give them some ideas. :)

We all wish that they would do more known characters but they just don't want to pay the licensing and they don't have enough stores to put the products in that would make it worthy of paying a company to license these famous characters we all want. They take up too much room on the shelves and they take up too much room on a truck and there are other ways to get these characters into your displays that's what the stores think so they stock the cheaper smaller crap and the blow mold fans don't get anything character based besides good ole snoopy lol What really killed any thought of ever seeing famous characters in a blow mold form was the invention of the darn inflatable and we all know why, you wont have to run out every other year to replace your favorite blow mold but you definitely will have to run out every other year to get a new inflatable when they die for some reason or another so I am at least happy to see 1 or 2 new molds character based or not I gave up on that idea ever happening a long time ago I want the train and i like the angel at least they are different well at least in color on the train but anyway I would just love to see some of these newer ones show up in K mart so I dont have to pay shipping because I just wont sell an organ  anymore to buy them I cant afford too.

We all wish that they would do more known characters but they just don't want to pay the licensing and they don't have enough stores to put the products in that would make it worthy of paying a company to license these famous characters we all want. They take up too much room on the shelves and they take up too much room on a truck and there are other ways to get these characters into your displays that's what the stores think so they stock the cheaper smaller crap and the blow mold fans don't get anything character based besides good ole snoopy lol What really killed any thought of ever seeing famous characters in a blow mold form was the invention of the darn inflatable and we all know why, you wont have to run out every other year to replace your favorite blow mold but you definitely will have to run out every other year to get a new inflatable when they die for some reason or another so I am at least happy to see 1 or 2 new molds character based or not I gave up on that idea ever happening a long time ago I want the train and i like the angel at least they are different well at least in color on the train but anyway I would just love to see some of these newer ones show up in K mart so I dont have to pay shipping because I just wont sell an organ  anymore to buy them I cant afford too.

Well said!

That make some sense but yet it dont because they keep coming out with more santa more snow men more angels etc that stuff still take room on the store shelf and the truck and etc ok if they cant do licensed characters how about some thing besides santa and snow man maybe a christmas puppy or something we have things like the penguin and funny rain deer but we need more stuff that isnt santa and snow man nothing against those they just have 1500 of them and I dont really need any more than I can find at yard sales

Good to see the 2013 catalog, although some higher resolution scans would be great.  Good somewhat to see some change-ups in the offerings paint-wise and also the new figures.

I'm not sure I understand the Old World Santa though-  they DO have the Empire Father Christmas mold which in my opinion is a superior take on the Santa of old.  Why not produce it, instead of paying to have an entirely new mold created?

They really need to do an inventory rotation, I mean really shake things up.  Let's see- they have the mold inventories from Beco, Poloron, Santa's Best, Empire, plus their own... hmm.  If they just rotated their offerings every few years with all of the old molds they already have, there'd be a lot more interest I would think.  You have to keep it fresh.  Another thing is none of the big current retailers will carry these.  As much as  people may not like Wally World, Target, Home Depot, etc., they're the ones who would make the difference in sales nationwide.

The other obstacle is the economy, it's not getting better, just worse.  I'm one who's affected by it certainly, I can't go out and buy these items new, as I'm sure a lot of other working class people can't.  I haven't bought any decorations in a few years now, nor done a display, I honestly can't carry the elevated electric bill at the moment.

Anyway, it's good to see General Foam making small steps, but there's a lot more that needs to happen to change things around.

I agree Bobby but if you read through this post most are wanting the Licensed stuff that's what I was commenting on lets be honest it takes a few bucks for gen foam to make any new mold and again its a supply and demand thing for the Blow mold fans like us we have every darn Santa and Snowman and we are desperately wanting something else but for the rest of the average decorators they will always buy a Santa or a Snowman before they but a puppy etc... They just represent Christmas to the masses and that's why Gen Foam will always do a relate able character before something different unfortunately they are not catering to us they are catering to the masses and if you or I owned this company we would do the same thing its the bottom line they look at. If wal-mart were to put a shelf out of blow molds and they were the new snowman the new santa and lets just use your example a new christmas puppy I will guarantee you they would probably sell 10x the santas and snowmen more then the puppy its just the way it is.  The masses predict the characters they make not us unfortunately.... but I do agree if they want to keep the Blow mold enthusiast like us happy they should do at the  very minimal    1 new form for us that is not the norm but again I dont see that happening......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Target definately wont carry general foam items in-store, if they dont try improving on quality. Ive seen countless bad reviews on Target.com about the blowmolds. If general foam wants to be fair game for competitors and buyers they need to step it up quality, and variety-wise; or like everyother blowmolder, they will fade into "Americas retail finds of yesteryear"!

That make some sense but yet it dont because they keep coming out with more santa more snow men more angels etc that stuff still take room on the store shelf and the truck and etc ok if they cant do licensed characters how about some thing besides santa and snow man maybe a christmas puppy or something we have things like the penguin and funny rain deer but we need more stuff that isnt santa and snow man nothing against those they just have 1500 of them and I dont really need any more than I can find at yard sales

Yeah but your missing what I'm saying why do you think stores like wal mart arent selling them it is shelf space period and a lot of the characters your seeing like i said are going to appeal to the masses if you are the decorator with 3 sets of lights and want to add a blow mold to your basic display what are you going to buy the santa or angel or a puppy

• 3 weeks later...

I now know why I was able to buy the show room Marble Nativity this past season. I will have to ask them about getting the show room White Pearl Nativity. Also, I will have to check but I think I have one of the prototypes for the Old Worl Santa. I will have to dig it out in the next few weeks and confirm it. If I do, I will post pics. I guess I will be the first one in to the warehouse sale more often.

@ aaron84- I will pull out one of the pieces and try the different colored bulbs and get some pics.

• 2 weeks later...