Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Andrew Albertson

Genfoam 2013 Catalog

Just got the new 2013 GenFoam catalog today. 3 new items and lots of new color schemes. It gives hope to future seasons. I may do a group buy this year again. I will be looking for a few interested people looking to spend $500+ea on full cartons. I'm not interested in people that only want 1 or 2 items. Only full cases and big spenders. Its too complicated to get 800 ppl wanting 1 thing. My last group buy was with 4 other ppl and went off perfectly. More details to come, Ok on to the fun part.... The catalog:

2013-1_zps51c2dc2e.jpg

2013-2_zpsa84459aa.jpg

2013-3_zps4ee923b6.jpg

2013-4_zpsd2c8a4df.jpg2013-5_zps63a5612a.jpg

2013-6_zpsb38a88f7.jpg

2013-7_zps6db61218.jpg

2013-8_zps1fc9b621.jpg

2013-9_zps34626534.jpg

2013-10_zpsae979744.png

Oh, boy.  I guess the peanuts expansion has ceased!  Linus, not even listed this year.  Love the new snow man, and angel.  I have a feeling the "old world santa" may not even make it to production.  Thanks Andrew for posting, I have been keeping my eye open for this one.

Am highly interested in several pcs

in both Halloween & Christmas how many pcs is $500 + of the bigger pcs 21" to 34" 

would like 8 ea of largest pumpkins, ghosts, tombstones..

and several snowmen,  Santas and reindeer

let me know

Thanks for the post

A newbe

I like the new pieces, especially the snow man.  I'm surprised to see the train with a black paint scheme, which is the MOST realistic color for a steam locomotive;  I may have to buy one just for that.  

Cool!

I hope Santa is made!! I would love to have him along with the snowman and angel. Hopefully it happens unlike Linus

I like the new pieces, especially the snow man.  I'm surprised to see the train with a black paint scheme, which is the MOST realistic color for a steam locomotive;  I may have to buy one just for that.  

Cool!

It almost looks like a dark forest greenish to me? Idk LOL

Thanks for posting the catalog Andrew.

I notice the glitter pumpkins aren't shown.  I wonder if Menards will sell them again?

Idk i wonder that too..I'm glad I was given one as a gift either way!

---

I think the Old World Santa looks like a gnome/santa...he should have been called a Snome

I also like the snowman, he's def. different!

I was wondering if anyone else tried this before: buying some of those all white blow molds(ones haven't been painted yet) and put different color bulbs in them and see how they look. (Like red and green bulbs) just wondering???

He, Andrew.  I'm over in Palm Bay, just east of you on the coast.  Would a bulk order be shipped to you in Orlando?

Awesome! Genfoam should improve their quality and marketing so that more retailers buy! Love the new color schemes and products though!! :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gene Pyle" data-cid="600146" data-time="1360193801"><p>

Oh, boy. I guess the peanuts expansion has ceased! Linus, not even listed this year. Love the new snow man, and angel. I have a feeling the "old world santa" may not even make it to production. Thanks Andrew for posting, I have been keeping my eye open for this one.</p></blockquote>

Its probably cheaper for them to create a new line of products than do the licensing with Peanuts.

Edited by Isaiah S.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gene Pyle" data-cid="600146" data-time="1360193801"><p>

Oh, boy. I guess the peanuts expansion has ceased! Linus, not even listed this year. Love the new snow man, and angel. I have a feeling the "old world santa" may not even make it to production. Thanks Andrew for posting, I have been keeping my eye open for this one.</p></blockquote>

Its probably cheaper for them to create a new line of products than do the licensing with Peanuts.

Actually, I had emailed them asking that question the other day, and got a response back saying that "There was not enough interest in the Peanuts Line for Halloween so we are not offering it for 2013"

Ah yes. Makes sense, I hope theres interests in the knew molds though! :)

Oh I sure hope so too!! I wish they where a little taller then 31 inches but who cares..as long as new molds are being made. LOL

Guest Blowmold Magic

Andrew thanks for posting this. It sure is nice to see! I am loving some of the new color changes, hate that now their doing the lifesize Joseph in hot pink too, but a lot of the others are nice welcome changes! Of course I am not getting my hopes up on anything until I see them in stores, hope it's not like Linus again. I just purchased some of the large eggs the other day, the new colors are nice and they have the pearl additive which is nice, I can imagine that effect on the molds will be great!

Edited by Blowmold Magic

LOVE the new angel and snowman! Will definitely be buying those. Love the new color schemes as well. The life size shepherd looks great in dark green. Never did like his tan robe. Sure hope all these actually get produced. Too bad the Peanuts line isn't expanding. Was looking forward to Linus.

They should have taken a poll on this site about the Linus. I'm sure everyone here wants one. I know I do.

Thanks for posting the catalog.

They should have taken a poll on this site about the Linus. I'm sure everyone here wants one. I know I do.

Oh, definitely.  I'd have been at the front of the line!  :)

Andrew thanks for posting this. It sure is nice to see! I am loving some of the new color changes, hate that now their doing the lifesize Joseph in hot pink too, but a lot of the others are nice welcome changes! Of course I am not getting my hopes up on anything until I see them in stores, hope it's not like Linus again. I just purchased some of the large eggs the other day, the new colors are nice and they have the pearl additive which is nice, I can imagine that effect on the molds will be great!

Matt, could you post a picture of what the eggs look like with the pearl additive if you don't mind? I saw them in catalog pictures, but not the actual egg itself...

Thanks in advance.

A poll would have been nice, but it's not what we though..it's what retailers thought. :(

Edited by RichardG