Anyone Used This Setup?

So I bought 5 4ft white trees for this project;

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/384.htm

So has anyone done this before? Did you use the RGB lights with the multi color wire?  Did that show when the lights were full white? 

Looking possibly at;

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-8mm-LED-Waterproof-Node-12v-p/58.htm

or

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/dumb-pixels/149-50ct-12-volt-rgb-pixels.html

Would love to find some of these with white wire. :-)

Robert

Not yet.  I just knew that a member ordered single colored wire dumb strings.  That member was Steve.  I'm so far behind the times I don't even have my display down this year yet. :)

Mine is not totally down either. It's cold outside with piles of white stuff. It can wait. ;)

My 4ft. green "dumb" tree can be seen on my face book page in my signature if any wants to see it. 

Edited by SteveMaris
Then these are what you want

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-input-12mm-through-hole-LED-channel-letter-100pcs-a-string-with-all-WHITE-wire/701799_739427216.html

and for $24 for a string of 100 compared to a string of 50 for $19 its good value

That is a great value!  Just wish the shipping was cheaper. Guess even with shipping...pay a few more dollars for white wire it might be worth it.  Just wish I had seen this before getting those little 4ft trees. May have considered (still might) converting my "Twig" (Holdman) trees over to this.

That is a great value!  Just wish the shipping was cheaper. Guess even with shipping...pay a few more dollars for white wire it might be worth it.  Just wish I had seen this before getting those little 4ft trees. May have considered (still might) converting my "Twig" (Holdman) trees over to this.

Shipping is always less than stated on the site. If you email Ray first for a quote he will give you a better price. 

Right now is a holiday though, so wait a couple weeks. 

Shipping is always less than stated on the site. If you email Ray first for a quote he will give you a better price. 

Right now is a holiday though, so wait a couple weeks. 

WOW a lot cheaper or just some what?

Anyone going to china in the next month or two I will give you a bag..... :huh:

Thanks for the Link Robert

The Chinese new year looks to run through 1/17 so I have a few days to relax and dream about something non Christmas related.
You know that is not happening The clap has you feel the force,,,,be the force......you are the force....

Funny you should say that If you do not mind signing a NDA I will give you a pleasant surprise ....be nice to get your impression I I think we talked about my idea a year ago when I got the controller from you Long and the short of it is it looks and works cool If you want PM me your e-mail

After the 17th I need to get a test order together. No need to bother them until they go back to work.  For now I'm dreaming about props that are easy to setup/tear down and easy to store.

Exactly why I am going with a lot more rgb strips and pixels. Putting this DIY stuff together (soldering,splicing,wiring) is a pain, but it will make setup and tear down much easier. 

Getting back on topic ;-)

Look what Ray just sent me. Guess he is not partying too far away from his computer!

Dear Ray wu You have a new message from AliExpress supplier Ray wu.
Ray wu: Dear Robert,
thanks for your kind inquiry, yes, i have the white color wire, price is the same,please see the below link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-input-12mm-through-hole-LED-channel-letter-100pcs-a-string-with-all-WHITE-wire/701799_739427216.html
thanks and best regards
Ray
[email protected]

Ok.

Maybe I need to start a new thread.

Not sure I can do both this year... but

which one (YOU VOTE! ;-0 ) should I do???

384-2.jpg

Or

6875372_orig.jpg

I was going to replace the above with 5 4ft trees and find at least 1 6 or 7ft white tree (like the first picture) and do it in RGB.  But after seeing the white wire.... I might change out my incan.s on the above.  Hard to see but I have some shorter ones in front. 

And if I do change out the incan.s above...can I use maybe 100 RGB's on each 6ft / 7ft twig trees??? 

Anyone do this????

Robert

I have some of the twig trees from target a few years ago that have 600 of each color.  I know Kevin, "Wirekat" did them with 300 nodes and they looked good.  I think we will all have to try and see.  For me, more is always better except for setup and tear down.