Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
john venturi

Wanna Good Laugh(Gemmy)

I recently bought the gemmy lightshow caroler inflatable and i bought it at wal-mart after Christmas and got a real good price I thought until I got it home and realized it was not working correctly so instead of returning it to wal-mart for a refund I shipped it to Gemmy (which they make the customer pay for) for warranty work and I sent them a email a week after I sent it just to see if they had received it ok and to see what they were going to do about it and this is where it gets funny here is a copy of the correspondence between Gemmy and I this I found to be funny and a little unsettling at the same time..... From: customersupport <[email protected]>Subject: Airblown Christmas Carolers

Your item is in line to be looked at by our engineer, when he returns from overseas this Spring.  As soon as he has done so, I will update you on the status.

Thank you,
Customer Service....

Now maybe its me but I found this to be weird has anyone ever heard of a business telling you that they will look at your item 3-4 months from now. I will guarantee you that if I didn't email them asking if they had received my item they would not have told me anything and that would have set there for months...this was my reply to them ...".Thats not what i expected to hear this spring wow but anyway as long as i have it back to see it in its fine working glory by Christmas ill be fine with it but are you sure that it sitting around that long waiting to be looked at that it wont just get swept under the rug and forgotten about I have never heard of a company sitting on something that long its a little worrisome but I always said I have faith in your company and i hope that faith will remain intact Gemmy doesnt have a refurbished one of these sitting around that they can just send me so I dont have to worry about it getting lost or forgotten about Im fine with a refurbished one as long as it works it just seems like that is a long time and anything could happen to it. I dont know you tell me I guess i didnt expect the reply I got from you thats all  have a great day John Venturi  Ill do what i have to do as long as I get it back working thanks."

and then I got this....
I am sorry but we do not have inventory, as we do not sell retail direct.  Therefore, we do not have a new or refurbished item to send to you as a replacement.  If you would like for us to return your item to you, or go ahead and issue a refund for the purchase price of the item please let me know.  Otherwise, we will advise you as soon as the engineer has had a chance to look at the item.

Thank you,
Customer Service........................Maybe its me but I have 2 words to say Bad Warranty

ha ha gemmy is the worst in the world for cust service you mite has well just mailed the product to the nearest dumpster it would be easier and just as good

Everything from Gemmy is made in China as you know and at this time of year most of their staff is there searching for new products and putting together their line for 2013.

I don't think they have a big support staff.

Anyway, I had a defective remote for my LED Christmas trees and no one had a replacement.

They said that they were having more manufactured but it would not be until spring.

They came through and sent me a replacement - no charge, out of warranty, so I would give them a chance to come through.

ha ha gemmy is the worst in the world for cust service you mite has well just mailed the product to the nearest dumpster it would be easier and just as good

+1..........Also I'm glad that 10jeater problem to got resolved but his case is far a few between for customer satisfaction when it come to Gemmy products

I have to admit, I love the products I buy that Gemmy makes........ BUT

I buy them knowing that either they work or they don't.  If it does not work right out of the box I take it back.

I never plan on depending on Gemmy for any type of service.  They don't stock parts, they don't have inflatables or lights at their place in Texas.

If I can not fix it myself I part it out to repair other Inflatables.

Because we have over 150 Gemmy items we just live with it.  We do our best to buy most of them after the holidays at a discount and test them right when we get home so we know what we are dealing with.

There are other companies like this and most of them I won't buy their products but honestly Gemmy is the best when it comes to Inflatables.  I have been liking the Inflatables that Yard Inflatables is producing also.  Their product has held up well and their prices are good on the ones they make.  If he would expand his offerings I could see him taking over the Inflatable business here in the States.

It is really to bad we can't start a club or what ever to collect all the parts that are still working and just trade back and fourth

I have three inflatables sitting in boxes with a bad motor here a rip in one and one I just do not like nothing wrong, just did not fit my display.

Thanks go to Lee aka Vegas Lee for the link on the replacement fan motors picked one up and working well

Ive had really bad luck with my gemmy stuff that caroler set i got was  $179 but I got it after Christmas for 75% off seemed too good to be true and turned out it was but i guess that's why i took a shot at sending it to them for repair thinking its a quick fix and i would get it right back and that's where their a JOKE.....I rolled the dice and I wont know if I crapped out until the spring I dont know if I should laugh or be mad I guess Ill just not care and wait and see oh well....puffies equal headaches I don't care what brand they are you either like them and deal with it or you don't I do for the movement in my display I just wish GEMMY had any idea of what customer service is they STINK

I dont dislike them I just think a company from texas have no busniss selling things in cold snow areas where they dont work at all and break after a season or two then they laugh at you when you ask for spare parts

Does any one remember the guy who said he was making his own puffy line I think his name was Tim and was from new york or somewhere up there he said he was buiding them with powerful fans that would hold up in snow climates and even talked about testing them in walk in coolers etc does any one know if any thing came of that if so I might not hate puffies so bad anymore if they actually work

Does any one remember the guy who said he was making his own puffy line I think his name was Tim and was from new york or somewhere up there he said he was buiding them with powerful fans that would hold up in snow climates and even talked about testing them in walk in coolers etc does any one know if any thing came of that if so I might not hate puffies so bad anymore if they actually work
Tim got bought out and the terms were never disclosed. When he sold, it ended his line. Sure miss him.

Tim's line has been continued with Bob from Yard Inflatables, Bob has created some good pieces the last few years so you may want to give him a try.  The fans are stronger and they are replaceable.

Love Bob's fans,  If they are not being used on his inflatables, then I take them and use them on old Gemmys to give them a little extra.  usually put them in the zipper and use a cable tie arount the snout of the blower.

did that on 8 Easter gemmys this year.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FINALLY ITS COMING BACK TO ME I PRAY THEY ACTUALLY FIXED IT WE WILL SEE HERES WHAT I GOT TODAY        

Thank you for your continued patience!  Our engineer was able to repair your item and it is being returned to you.  You should receive it within two weeks.  If you do not, please let us know. 

Thank you,

Customer Service