It's Been Kinda Boring Around Here Lately.....

I wish I found them in the trash but I did get a few at the flea market but its the same ones I always find 2 noel candles in decent shape 2 soldiers and the  list Santa with the blue eyes and that's my fifth one of him lol but they were only $2 bucks a piece so I couldn't resist lol I have over 150 molds and I still don't have any carolers or gnomes or elfs or a train i can go on forever but I have to find them cheap or I cant buy them ebay is off limits to me I'm disabled and my wife is the only one working so I have to hunt them down cheap or i cant get them that's why i wish I found them in the trash paint or no paint I wouldn't care

Been really slow.  I did manage to pick up two train tender cars and six empire sheep.  They weren't real cheap, but they were reasonable.  I probably won't get very many molds this year.  My wife wants to put in a circle driveway, so I am going to lose about 1/3 of my front yard.  I'll really have to tweak the display for 2013.

In Chicago It's been Slow here too ...............Craigs list offerings are priced high and are the same collectors selling,....... Our Favorite Flea Market Is shut down for winter.  .......Found one North Star at an estate sale for $3.00, ........Bought A  Mint Pigrim Pair for $20.00 at another estate sale......... That's all we found this winter.....It really does seem quiet on the buying front...........Expected more of a release of unwanted blow molds after the holiday........LMAO Just yesterday bought (won) a Whispering Santa, a Dancing Santa and 3 Candles for 99 cents on ebay....AND shipping was around 16$ for all.......Seller was trying the list it low, get alot of watchers and let the bidding war unfold........But they failed in their listing header........They called them Electroniic Outdoor Ornaments or something like that.......Unless the seller's name is Bill Gates, J.P. Getty or  J.P Morgan.. I'm thinking I'm not going to see these blow molds in the mail anytime soon..........Anyways...........1 more month and Garage sale seasons starts ........Yippie Kiiiii Ayyyye .................... 

Edited by FatherTime
Been really slow.  I did manage to pick up two train tender cars and six empire sheep.  They weren't real cheap, but they were reasonable.  I probably won't get very many molds this year.  My wife wants to put in a circle driveway, so I am going to lose about 1/3 of my front yard.  I'll really have to tweak the display for 2013.

Don't forget to lay conduit down before you do the driveway, otherwise you will be running over cords with the car.

Don't forget to lay conduit down before you do the driveway, otherwise you will be running over cords with the car.

Yes Bill Very Correct, actually 4 inch coragated pipe is great too...... in case you want to run other things across the drive like more electrical wires or even plumbing or gas lines

Thanks.  Already thought about that, but I told my wife I would just block off the new section during the Christmas season and still use the whole front yard.  Did NOT get a good response LOL.

Really a good point.  When we built our house a dozen years ago I made darn sure there were outlets throughout the front yard, including one across the driveway.  Of course we blew it when we forgot to put an outlet in the foyer where we planned to put our tree....