Lighting Union's Snowlady

Siravo Lights

As a few of you may have seen on a Facebook group, I have recently acquired a Union snowlady. As Union Products was notorious for using c7 light set ups in their larger molds, resulting in dimness, I wish to add a standard base light kit to her. In a past thread, there was a comment on placing a light in the back similar to the way Dapol did, with a single screw, to prevent cutting a hole in the back. To do this, I would have to cut a hole in the base to insert the light kit. Being that it is such a difficult to find and typically expensive piece, would this be advisable? I don't intend to sell it in the future, so I am unsure what to do. Thanks

Guest Blowmold Magic

I consider myself a true collector first, but in the case of the snowlady I went ahead and cut a hole in her with the hole saw, as was mentioned and used a GF lightplate. I figure if anything it made an improvement in the mold, it is a pretty sought after mold and I really don't think improving the light setup will hurt the value, and if it does in the future I figure I got my use out of her. She is entirely too dim with a c-7.

Thank you all for your comments. I ended up just purchasing a higher-wattage candelabra-base cord set and slightly enlarged the hole to accommodate the larger circumference of a 25 watt chandelier bulb. I'm surprised at the difference it made. At least the switch on the cord is inside of the mold now.