Decorating A Vinyl Sided House

My display is different from most of the displays on here.  It has a LOT of inflatables and blow molds.     We let people walk around and take pictures, local paper did a story on us last year.      I want to hang lights vertically on the house.  How do I do it without wrecking the siding.   I do have metal hooks that push under the siding, but they are expansive, and would not help vertically.   Thank You

Ryan Johnson, I like the idea of the strips, but not sure I want to glue the strips on the vinyl.    I also want to go vertical with them, so that would be even harder to glue them on.   I have other ideas for the use of them, so thank you.    

cmd1971, please forgive my ignorance, but what are curtain lights, and how do you attach them?     I have had a growing display for years, and I am trying to learn new ways of doing things.    I know a lot about how to keep over 60 inflatables, some of them over 16 feet, up in 25 MPH plus winds, but I have a lot to learn about taking the next step, so to speak.     I did raise over  $1,000 for Cancer research, and passed out 4,100 candy canes as Santa this past season though.

I was going to use Ryan's idea with the strips as they look like a great idea. But in the end I used pvc attached from the eves with hooks.

As you can see in my picture they run vertical. It's not perfect but been doing it the last two years.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

post-1690-13655081020715.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have been thinking about doing this as well, and I think Joey Felix probably has the best method.  I saw it a while back on a Christmas special.  You can hang lights off of PVC piping, then mount the PVC using hooks off the soffit/fascia.  Then you can do the same at the base, attach the lights to some PVC and stake that down (or better yet use rebar and the weight of that will keep everything in place.

I have everything on electrical conduit.  It takes a long time to wrap everything the first year but it makes it really easy the next years.  I would never be able to blanket my house/buildings with lights, I would just need way too many, but I do agree that if I did I would run some sort of pipe across the eve of the house and zip tie the lights too it.  then do the same on the bottom.....the only thing is you will probably still have to screw the pipe up.  especially if you want to hang a lot of lights.

Ryan Johnson, I like the idea of the strips, but not sure I want to glue the strips on the vinyl.    I also want to go vertical with them, so that would be even harder to glue them on.   I have other ideas for the use of them, so thank you.    

cmd1971, please forgive my ignorance, but what are curtain lights, and how do you attach them?     I have had a growing display for years, and I am trying to learn new ways of doing things.    I know a lot about how to keep over 60 inflatables, some of them over 16 feet, up in 25 MPH plus winds, but I have a lot to learn about taking the next step, so to speak.     I did raise over  $1,000 for Cancer research, and passed out 4,100 candy canes as Santa this past season though.

The curtain lights and you can find them from All American Christmas, are literally just that.  They're curtains.  Strings of lights that hang down like a curtain.  Some are about 6 feet long and about 18 feet long I believe... www.aachristmas.com

Sorry it took me so long to get back.  I haven't checked this in a while.