5Th Annual Central Coast Mini - August 10Th!

DocMartin

That's right Christmas Light Fans . . . We're doing it again!

Mark your calendars now, and make plans to join us on Saturday, August 10th, 2013, for the biggest, brightest and best Christmas Light get-together in California. This year will be hosted by Mikey Magrill in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley near Solvang. We expect lots of great stuff to show off, good food, new friends and some fun toys to give away. Just make sure you RSVP to [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Edited by DocMartin

Well, this will be a new adventure for me.  The RSVP's are arriving and it is time to start getting more details in place.  For those of you who have never visited (or heard of) the Santa Ynez Valley, here are some links where you might find accommodations or other activities.  But, what could be more exciting that the 5th Annual Central Coast Mini?  Look forward to seeing you.

http://www.syv-online.com/
        http://www.solvang.org/
        http://www.visitthesantaynezvalley.com/syvha
        http://www.visitthesantaynezvalley.com/
        http://www.visitbuellton.com/buellton/

• 4 weeks later...

The Mini-Expo is just under two months away !!    We are getting excited about seeing our friends again and meeting new friends.  We have told some of our local Christmas display enthusiasts about the Mini-Expo.  They seem interested in attending but we may have to set a fire under their feet to get them going. 

As for us,  we have already booked a hotel in Santa Maria to stay the night before the Mini since the drive/trip is such a long journey.  Then after the Mini we will head south to our Favorite place on Earth or better known as 'The Happiest Place on Earth'.  We fiqured since Santa Ynez is already so far down south for us, we decided to turn the initial trip into a Disneyland Trip !!  Eh, Why not? Right? - Disneyland is where we get most of our inspiration for our lightshow.

So hope to see everyone soon.  We can't hardly wait !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,  It is five weeks away from the Mini-Expo.  Who is making it out to Santa Ynez?  How are the activities coming along?  Should we bring any food for lunch?

Nope not coming. Besides last year I brought stuff to show people how it worked, and the videos got more time than I did. 

I'll be there! Missed last year due to work! I may be able to snag another beginning enthusiast! Can I bring anything?

SHAWN! So glad you're gonna make it this year. Check with Mike Magrill on what you can bring. I know Jim Hillebrecht is bringing a bunch of water, but some other drinks might be nice! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Nope not coming. Besides last year I brought stuff to show people how it worked, and the videos got more time than I did. 

Hey Barry! Do I owe you an apology for last year? Really sorry if you didn't get all the time you wanted. Please don't let my screw-up keep you from joining us. Wouldn't be the same without you there! Hope we can change your mind.

Hi everyone,  It is five weeks away from the Mini-Expo.  Who is making it out to Santa Ynez?  How are the activities coming along?  Should we bring any food for lunch?

Hey Ben,

Check-in with Mike Magrill about stuff to bring. Personally, I think it's about time we hear from you as a presenter, you always have such cool stuff in your videos. Looking forward to hearing what you have planned for this year.

Hey there Howard and Mike,  I feel honored that you view me as someone who has cool stuff but the truth is ... I dont really have the cool stuff.  LOL  YET!  muhahaha!  On a serious note,  I dont feel that I myself am educated enough to try and educate others as I am still learning how things work.

I do plan on putting together another video presentation from our 2012 display to share with you all ( if you will allow me ) and within the video, may include a seek peek of the projects we are currently working on for 2013. ( God willing ) So no promises on the latter part, but we are trying hard to make it happen.

I rellay would like to attend, but now I am scheduled  to be attending a class in Bakersfield, but class ends on Sat afternoon.

Barry - You have to make it out to the Mini.  You are my mentor and I seek knowledge from you. :cool:

The masses are calling for Barry.  See/Hear ...  B A R R Y,   B A R R Y,   B A R R Y,   B A R R Y !!!

The get2gether will not be the same without Barry.

Less than 3 weeks to go until our Central Coast get-together! If you're waiting until the last minute to RSVP . . . THIS IS IT!!!

Mikey has a lot to plan for, food, tables and chairs, etc. So let's get those RSVP's in ASAP!

Drop a line to Mikey Magrill (OurMikeyRocks - see above) or to yours truly, DocMartin at [email protected]

See you in a couple weeks!

Looks like about 16 days left.  I still need Show & Tell items plus presenters.  I know that there are lots of new items on the market - if you have ordered and received any then bring them and tell us about what you have.  There are no expectations that you are an expert on the product.  If you really suffer from stage fright, bring the product and I will tap dance my way through presenting it.

Be sure to bring your videos.  Bring still pictures from last year.  Bring whatever you can.  If you truly are a newbie, bring your energy and enthusiasm - they are catching and will do all of us some good.

I sent an email last night to all of you with more details on the food for the pot luck.  If nothing else, we are going to have tri-tip and water.  Regardless, we are going to have a good time.

Someone asked about bringing a newbie.  Certainly.  I believe one of our responsibilities, as a group, is to educate the newbies on how to get started - what they would need and what they don't need.  I joined a similar group in a different activity and I would suggest they saved me several thousand dollars by giving me good advice and guidance so that I didn't go buy stuff I didn't need and then have to go buy the right stuff.  We can also give them a sanity check on what we do.  When they understand the work and investment, they may decide that this isn't for them and their visit to our meeting will be worth everything they put into it.  Short answer - bring them.

Tick tock, tick tock...

Mikey

Can't wait to see everyone next weekend! Looks like we've got some new folks joining us this year. Got the list of goodies being sent to us from our good friends at Reinders. Once again, they're taking very good care of us, with lots of new toys to show off and some awesome door prizes to give away. Mikey's smoked TriTip is sure to be a hit. For those of you waiting until the last minute to RSVP . . . YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!! See you all next week.

Well, here we are one week away.  I'm busy trying to get everything in place.  I've got the big stuff taken care of.  We have a space for our meeting with tables and chairs.  I have a local group that will help with the "heavy lifting" for both setup and tear down.  I've got family members who will help with getting all the little stuff taken care of.

I 've got a little shopping to do this week.  Fortunately, I have this coming Friday off so that will be the final push to get this thing done.  Hopefully, everything will go off without a hitch.  I believe we will have a great time pursuing our passion of Christmas lighting.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you next Friday, August 10th.

Our 5th Annual Central Coast MiniPLUS will be this coming Saturday, August 10th, in Solvang, CA.  The email list I have contains addresses we have gathered from around the California area.  I would also like to extend an invitation to anyone else from surrounding areas who might like to join us.  Maybe Arizona or Nevada.  In addition to a friendly gathering of Christmas lighting enthusiasts you would get to visit or area and you would probably find the 75-degree weather to be a little cooler.  If you have any interest, please let me know.

Actually the 10-day weather is showing Saturday to 83 for a high and 50 for a low.  That could make for a great round of golf during the day and you will need a jacket/sweater in the evening.

Looking forward to seeing you this next Saturday.

Mikey

I got the word today that we have received a huge shipment of goodies from Reinders. I guess we'll just have to have lots of door prizes and display items!

Add some Show & Tell items, a few presentations, a little technical talk and we should have a good meeting.  Don't forget the Pot Luck lunch.

I'm looking forward to Saturday.  Mikey