Face Paint

tycomike

I'm looking at doing my first blowmold restoration. I'm planning on using Krylon paint, because it seems like that is the best paint. My question is which color is everyone using for for flesh color? I've heard Buttercream is popular. But it seems a little too yellow. Any suggestions will be grateful. Thanks.

Mike

I picked up a can of "Almond" coloured paint at Wal-Mart, last December. Now I have not used it yet, but the cap colour seems to be close to most flesh tones. It was not a popular brand of paint, and was in the "craft" section rather then the paint of hardware section.

Hope this helps

I know the color shade you're looking for.  I custom mix my fleshtone, but I don't use spray paint, I use an airbrush.  I do have an old can of Empire fleshtone factory paint that is the pinkish hue you are going for, but again it needs to be fed through a sprayer.  But I couldn't find an off the shelf color that I was happy with either.

The Ivory Silk gives a nice tan look when lite, but still has the paper white look when not lite. 

Yeah when it dried it was much darker. I'm no pro at paint,but I think it turned out good. Besides all that over spray from the factory I figured I couldn't do worse! If the paint doesn't make it past one winter I'll try the stripping tutorials I've seen and use something else. Just don't be afraid to try something or apply some of your own creativity. I matched most of the colors,but I couldn't find a dark gold that wasn't a metallic so the ribbons on the gifts are blue and santa's buckle was over sprayed black so I left it black. I doubt anyone who drives by would care. :)

Yeah when it dried it was much darker. I'm no pro at paint,but I think it turned out good. Besides all that over spray from the factory I figured I couldn't do worse! If the paint doesn't make it past one winter I'll try the stripping tutorials I've seen and use something else. Just don't be afraid to try something or apply some of your own creativity. I matched most of the colors,but I couldn't find a dark gold that wasn't a metallic so the ribbons on the gifts are blue and santa's buckle was over sprayed black so I left it black. I doubt anyone who drives by would care. :)

Ya I tried a small area on a milk jug. I like it.

As for stripping, however it turns out is how it will stay. Lol. Not stripping it again.

Judging by what I read...I'm with you,but I'm crazy enough to try anything once.

Oh the stripping is very easy. The mold I'm painting, it's the 2nd time repainting it all because the first time I didn't like the color of the face I chose, and then I had to many dark spots.

Oh the stripping is very easy. The mold I'm painting, it's the 2nd time repainting it all because the first time I didn't like the color of the face I chose, and then I had to many dark spots.

Yeah it's hard to avoid that without buying and airbrush and I'm not that invested where I'm doing that. If you're careful you can get by without it.

Too bad you weren't near me, my work place is hiring. Be so glad to sell this house...then I can have more room for blowmolds and inflatables lmao

Lol. I wish I was closer to a lot of places. My town stinks.

Heck picked an app up today to be a bus driver. So much out of pocket expenses just to be thought of