Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
jarnaez

Thoughts On Using C7Led Buld To Replace Incans

As you all may know I was a few blowmolds and I was wondering what where your thought on using c7led replacement bulbs (facited) will they be bright enough? Will it beto opaque? I wantedto know because ifthey are good Ican make the jump andsee how it works out. Blow molds in clude soliders, little pathway santas, and candles.

Ideas?

I have tried to use the C7 LED lights in some of my smaller Blow molds like the soldiers and they didn't put out enough light to show them off. They do work in the path lights if they are made with thin enough plastic because they are so small. Some of the characters I tried them in you couldn't even tell they had a light in them, I even tried to use some of them in my inflatables and they didn't give off enough light in them either. I would suggest you stay away from using them in Blow Molds and sticking to using them in light strings only.

Charles

As you all may know I was a few blowmolds and I was wondering what where your thought on using c7led replacement bulbs (facited) will they be bright enough? Will it beto opaque? I wantedto know because ifthey are good Ican make the jump andsee how it works out. Blow molds in clude soliders, little pathway santas, and candles.

Ideas?

If you have a regular base Lowes and Home depot now have a lumens rating on the led lights and they are getting much better for intensity  

the new night light versions are way better than past years still on the blue side but much brighter

I have been playing with hacking the c-7/9 base and changing to hi intensity led lamps but as of now just in the process

the one thing I have notice is that the led retro's are in a stacked conical form not exposing the brightest portion for better viewing  

trying to stack them conical @ 40 to 60 degrees improving the brightness

in the next month or so I should have some examples with work arounds  

I will post

This is the way to go LED lamps are real shock resistant for blow ups to the vibration from wind on blow molds  

you are on the right track

I won't use them until they fully get rid of the blue/gray color and can accurately match them to an incandescent.

Thanks for the advice

Glad to help, that's just my personal view on them.  I do wish they would get them up to the standard of an incandescent and I would convert over for my light strings.  I am sure by now they could do it.  I also hope they begin to widely offer the ceramic look eventually along with the faceted.  I got a few ceramic-look LED samples from a commercial Christmas light manufacturer and they blend right in with the old C9 ceramics.  Too expensive though, somewhere around 3.00 a bulb.

For what you're looking for the LED's would definitely be too dim and if you don't like the hue they give off that would also be a negative.

I just wish that the intencity of the incans can be made LED that would be amazing

Glad to help, that's just my personal view on them.  I do wish they would get them up to the standard of an incandescent and I would convert over for my light strings.  I am sure by now they could do it.  I also hope they begin to widely offer the ceramic look eventually along with the faceted.  I got a few ceramic-look LED samples from a commercial Christmas light manufacturer and they blend right in with the old C9 ceramics.  Too expensive though, somewhere around 3.00 a bulb.

For what you're looking for the LED's would definitely be too dim and if you don't like the hue they give off that would also be a negative.

The color they put off looks real bad in my opinion, even some of the cfl`s give off the same blue color

it changes the color of the molds alot.

I won't use them until they fully get rid of the blue/gray color and can accurately match them to an incandescent.

The color they put off looks real bad in my opinion, even some of the cfl`s give off the same blue color

it changes the color of the molds alot.

I agree with both of you guys.  Also, since you are only going to use them a few weeks the cost of the LED bulbs is hard to justify.  If it was something that you were going to use year round it might be different.

TED

I started to use the cheap cfl's and they seem to work good they are a little dim for the first 5 minutes

or so until they are warmed up and they cant get wet or they will quit working and they are the same color

of a incadescent bulb.