New For 2013 Christmas

Every Year I try to add another one and love the big, they bring the folks in for our Toys For Tots drive in our addition, we are getting known, every year the news folks come out and get us a little air time, in Broken Arrow the Bible Collage, Rhema Bible has a huge light show with millions of lights, well we have become little Rhema  in the media. I am lucky we back up to a street with a lot of traffic, so I do the back yard with the big inflatables to draw the folks in, below are from the back and a few in front. I try to change it up every year.

this was the News on Six report. http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13687886

179366_4897455594888_1228157796_n.jpg

483610_4897455074875_895078507_n.jpg

65139_4897380353007_1044543980_n.jpg

604049_4912269605229_1816171196_n.jpg

Edited by okshadow

cool display, wife and I were sitting on the porch last night, thinking about the CHRISTmas display.  going to mix it up a little this year, budget to buy maybe 2-3 new inflatables, hold off on some (do we really need 10 Santas)

we are not having a open house this year, just not going to be enought time, always causes us to rush, work way to late too many nights.  I retire 11-30 dthis year, so our display may be a work in progress well into December.

Not trying to sound rude, but what would CHRISTmas be without Christ.  Would it be Xmas or SANTAmas?  Would it be just another holiday? 

As long as there is a breath left within me, I will do all I can to proclaim my love for Jesus Christ.  I make no apologies. 

If you choose to differ in your thoughts, so be it.  One of the great things about this country is the freedom to do so.

But I cannot stay neutral.

Edited by xenon

I will try to do a video this year, it will be fun having them in the  back yard.  And I will say Christ is the reason for Christmas, that's what it's all about. I love to share the Nativity and going to have my screen back this year with a video going next to the Nativity, still working on the video for it.

Not trying to sound rude, but what would CHRISTmas be without Christ.  Would it be Xmas or SANTAmas?  Would it be just another holiday? 

As long as there is a breath left within me, I will do all I can to proclaim my love for Jesus Christ.  I make no apologies. 

If you choose to differ in your thoughts, so be it.  One of the great things about this country is the freedom to do so.

But I cannot stay neutral.

Okay I see, it's a religion thing. You like waving it around to make sure others know... got it. I keep myself as neutral as possible out of respect for others who don't want to be receptive to it. I know a few people in my life who need to learn this. :)

Edited by PlasticParadise

I found out a long time ago, there are two topics that you can discuss and no one ever wins, religion is one of them.  I doubt that I will ever convince you to accept my convictions and I probaly will never accept yours.  I am OK with that.

I just feel that the real meaning of CHRISTmas is being lost and this is just my small way of reminding people about the real meaning.

If we met in person, you would not see "Honk If You Love Jesus" bumper stickers on my car, if we choose to share a meal together you would see me bow my head to give thanks, but I would not ask you to or force that on you.

Is it really possible to stay neutral?  would we be saying Merry Mas?  And why just say Happy Holidays only, why not say it all year long, Valentines Day, Easter, the 4th, etc.

I too know a few people in my life who think you can force God into their lives.  It does not work that way.  God gave us a free will to make our own choices, I make mine you make yours.

I am sure that there are people that do not accept or like either of our displays, but they have a choice not to be receptive to that.

When I use Christ in CHRISTmas, eveyone who reads that or sees it makes a choice to accept it or not to be receptive or not.

When you drive by our display, if it offends you, look the other way. And when you see a post by me, you can choose not to read it.

I found out a long time ago, there are two topics that you can discuss and no one ever wins, religion is one of them.  I doubt that I will ever convince you to accept my convictions and I probaly will never accept yours.  I am OK with that.

I just feel that the real meaning of CHRISTmas is being lost and this is just my small way of reminding people about the real meaning.

If we met in person, you would not see "Honk If You Love Jesus" bumper stickers on my car, if we choose to share a meal together you would see me bow my head to give thanks, but I would not ask you to or force that on you.

Is it really possible to stay neutral?  would we be saying Merry Mas?  And why just say Happy Holidays only, why not say it all year long, Valentines Day, Easter, the 4th, etc.

I too know a few people in my life who think you can force God into their lives.  It does not work that way.  God gave us a free will to make our own choices, I make mine you make yours.

I am sure that there are people that do not accept or like either of our displays, but they have a choice not to be receptive to that.

When I use Christ in CHRISTmas, eveyone who reads that or sees it makes a choice to accept it or not to be receptive or not.

When you drive by our display, if it offends you, look the other way. And when you see a post by me, you can choose not to read it.

Yes it's an argument that no one wins at all. I might have piercings, tattoos and choose to dye my hair ( I pay to professinally do, so it's not a cheap looking effort),but I am always being judged and it's always been from someone of extreme religion. Probably why I get defensive. I have a lot of reasons to justify my feelings about it,but I'm not getting into it. No one cares.

Edited by PlasticParadise

Gald we can agree to diaagree.  I think if we sat down and talked, we would find we probaly agree on a lot more things than we disagree on.  For most tof my life I have been involed in church(sometimes as a pastor, youth leader etc.  please not bragging, just giving info), and the biggest hinderance to reaching people was because a "church member" or "Christian" had wronged them in a big way, so I really do understand moer about your feelings than you would think.

Will close this by saying that I am not offended by your response or feelings and hope that you will accept my way of posting about the holidays (not in this post, but others you know how I will be using my captial letters) now that you kinda know where I am coming from.

Keep on decorating

Gald we can agree to diaagree.  I think if we sat down and talked, we would find we probaly agree on a lot more things than we disagree on.  For most tof my life I have been involed in church(sometimes as a pastor, youth leader etc.  please not bragging, just giving info), and the biggest hinderance to reaching people was because a "church member" or "Christian" had wronged them in a big way, so I really do understand moer about your feelings than you would think.

Will close this by saying that I am not offended by your response or feelings and hope that you will accept my way of posting about the holidays (not in this post, but others you know how I will be using my captial letters) now that you kinda know where I am coming from.

Keep on decorating

You are definately right about being wronged. I have the story to back it. I was just really shocked a church would want you to lie to your family and condone being a hypocrite. That's when I said forget organized religion, I'll handle it my way. I used to go to church on X-Mas,but I don't do that anymore either.

• 2 weeks later...