Christmas Expo Lodging

Ralph Priest

There are plenty of hotel/motels right around the convention center. A few of them are within 1-2 blocks of it, others are a few blocks away, but still within walking distance.

Pleanty of restraunts, shops, entertainment as well.  I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few people Saturday afternoon for lunch or a drink.  I live 45-55 minutes away, and will only be coming up there to walk thru the vendor area on Saturday. 

Unfortunately, I've yet to start working with all of the LED's I bought on last years vendors sales and I really, really should be working hard on that.  But, I've picked up another hobby that consumes my time (and money)....Homebrewing beer. And our brewing schedule has us brewing a 31 gallon batch of beer on that Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a room online a couple of weeks ago.  Out of curiosity, I called them and got a cheaper rate than I got through their website.  Same thing with our rental car.  It might be worth giving it a try.  It saved me money that I can spend at the Expo!!

If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean, close hotel, I would suggest looking. Into the Royal Town house in Gatlinburg. It is a no frills joint across the street from the convention center.

Warning: I would suggest checking out the room before checking in.

Disclaimer: I stayed there in 2011 for a couple of nights. The money I saved allowed me to buy stuff. Will not be attending this years event. If I did, this would be on my stay list.

• 2 weeks later...

I over booked for Wednesday and Thursday (7/10 & 11) and have an extra bedroom.

I have booked at Wyndham Smoky Mountains a 2 bedroom suite and my other party backed out.

Should someone need lodging and would like a King size bed with Jacuzzi, kitchen, etc., please

call me at 336-692-0322 for details.  Great facilities.

I still am coming and I am very comfortable in the second bedroom with full size bed,

Location can be found on line in Sieverville, TN.  About 8 miles down the road.