Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

I have several inflatables that have weak or completely dead fans. Anybody familiar with the output flow of the stock fans and the comparability of other fan/motor assemblies? I have four upright vacuums that I have rescued from trash piles. All motors work and I'm wondering if routing the motor and/or ducting to blow INTO the inflatable would provide enough flow to do the job. Maybe it wouldn't work to act as the only source, but if piggy-backed to blow air in WITH the weaker original motor? Also, I have a larger blower that belonged to one of those 13' water slide/pool combo's and I was thinking of using some ducting to create a sort of octupus to divide the air flow to several defunct inflatables. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone have any experience with this ideas?

Art

IMO those all would have too great an airflow for the inflatables. Better sticking with a stock replacement fan.  A few CFMs greater wouldnt be too bad, but you dont want to blow out the seams.

If you are concerned that the CFM is too high I would just partially open one of the zippers.  I can tell you that I have switched out the motors in some inflatables with larger ones and have never had a seam blow out.  Knock on wood...........

I have several inflatables that have weak or completely dead fans. Anybody familiar with the output flow of the stock fans and the comparability of other fan/motor assemblies? I have four upright vacuums that I have rescued from trash piles. All motors work and I'm wondering if routing the motor and/or ducting to blow INTO the inflatable would provide enough flow to do the job. Maybe it wouldn't work to act as the only source, but if piggy-backed to blow air in WITH the weaker original motor? Also, I have a larger blower that belonged to one of those 13' water slide/pool combo's and I was thinking of using some ducting to create a sort of octupus to divide the air flow to several defunct inflatables. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone have any experience with this ideas?

Art

This is just my 2cents.............but I don't know about doing a mickey mouse set up like that .......But I do have 21 yrs as a HVAC installer and air flow is air flow. weather your moving air to inflatables or thru a house.

Air movement will always take the path of least resistance and you will find certain ones will blow up nicely and others will not, the only way to control this is to have dampers installed in each one of the tubes feeding each inflatables to control the air volume to each one.

the idea of using the discharge side on a Vaccum Cleaner has me puzzled ....Did you consider the noise from those things and if this is going to be used out doors what about  moisture? I mean a electrocution waiting to happen :confused:

You might want to just get replacement fans for each inflatable and be done with it and have it right from the git go. Theres a guy here on PC named Vegas Lee and he has tons of inflatables and is quite knowledgeable about repairing these things. I know he has helped me out and I'm sure he could lead you in the right direction to find replacement fans.

Were you able to make any progress on your blowers?

I know this is a kinda "duh" question, but are they getting good voltage to the blowers.  I have had problems where a blower would be at the end of a long run and get maybe 90 volts.  It will run, but very slow. 

The only solution was to get better voltage, ( large gauge wire, move the inflatable, take some off the run)

I have used some of the blowers off of the Walmart inflatable slides, they make  a lot of noise, blow a lot of air, but really did not seem to inflate as good as I had hoped for.  I used one on a Easter Bunny arch that I really wanted to keep, but fabric was just too thin.

The best solution I have come up with is to add a extra blower to some of my favorites.  The best extra blowers to use are the "external" blowers"  Gemmy makes some, but have used Chrisna, some of Bob's, and a few others that I do not know where they came from.  I just open the deflation zipper, put the snot of the blower in, close the zipper, put a zip tie on it to hold it, and inflate using both blowers.

In a tight when the internal blower went out and I did not have time to change, I used a external blower, just make sure to use duct tape or something to cover the snot of hole in the bad blower, or you are just blowing air out of the bad blower.

Now when take the displays down, anything that has a external blower, I store it separate so I can use them as needed.

I have often wondered why they don't make a really good blower, sell them separate, and then just sell the "skins" to inflate.  We do all seasons, having separate blowers would be nice.

No, I've had no luck but that was one of the ideas I've come up with. If I can get the time to sit down and work on it, I want to take my existing, non-functioning inflatables and put them on a base that will be detachable from the blower assembly. Then I can make a single blower base that I'll just switch out inflatable bodies as required.