Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Scot Meyers

Good-Bye.

Guest Scot Meyers

All

Im in tears as I write this.  my family has been thru so much with Noah the last 2 years.  and it has gotten worse.  in my fighting with the countys for services for my high needs son Noah.  they have come in and made havoc for us.  I have lost the dream to make children smile.  the county I have worked for for 11 years has turned on us and now I sit on the other side of the court room fighting to protect my family.  well the legal bills  and the attacks on my character  have driven me to sell my display.  I have lost the magic.  Make Christmas fun is no fun anymore when your family has been impacted with so much collateral damage.    Once all the Christmas stuff is sold I will be leaving Planet Christmas.  the emotions I have for this hobby hurt when I come on here  and see all the cool stuff your doing.  and that I cant be part of it.   it hurts.    so to minimize the pain.  I have decided to leave all Christmas boards.

If you want to keep in touch.  you can send emails to [email protected].  If you need gemmy help I would love to help u fix yours.  in 2 weeks what has not been sold in the christmas boards will be sold at a garage sale.  so if you live in Metro Denver call my cell 720-323-3197.  and I will set up access to see the stuff I have left and make an offer.

I will miss all of you greatly.  May God bless your displays .

Scot Meyers, Thornton, CO

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, my daughters family went through simular struggles with her son. I understand how it feels like a punch in the stomach and you can not breathe, you can not feel, especially when dealing with the courts, it can seem like everything you thought you know is gone.

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I know your display was made to touch your son's life, hopefully some time in the future, you will be able to come back to the hobby.

You, your family, and your display will be missed.

Diane

Edited by Deeny Dine

You may lose your display but you will never lose the real reason for christmas, Jesus Christ our lord and saviour, He knows your trouble so as long you've got Him you have nothing to be affraid off!

Edited by kerstman

You and your family are in my prayers Scott. You have been here so long, the Planet will not be the same without you! I hope things get resolved, I know they will, and you find your way back.

God Bless

Scot you will be missed, I know your pain as my son has many difficulties and it is always a fight to get him anything that he needs. So you will be in our prayers also. best of luck with your battle. please remember to keep your chin up, they can only keep you down if you start droping your chin.

Scott,

So sorry to hear that it has come to a point that you have to say goodby. You will be missed. I wish there was someting that I could help you with, but I will be praying for you and your family.

Me being unemployed at the moment seems so trivial compared to yours.  Its a very sad story that you have told us and I/we all wish you the best of luck and our prayers.

This site wont be the same without you but you and your family will be in our families prayers and best of luck but if you are fighting for your son that is commendable...and deserves your attention I hope it all works out for you...God Bless you and yours.

Guest Scot Meyers

Well Its all Gone   the Entire display drove out of my Driveway on Thuesday evening in a 24foot car hauler for washington state.

My home wont be the same without the train and the animatronics.  

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for all the years of learning and sharing the Christmas passion with you.   You will be missed  and i will miss all of you.  if you want to keep in touch please email me at [email protected]   my holidaygeek email accounts have been closed and deleted.  God bless you all and your display.  Take care.

Sorry to see you go, but I know deep down inside, the Christmas spirit lives on inside of you. Life will do a 360, and all of your issues will be solved. You'll be back, stronger than ever, better than ever!

You and your family are in my prayers Scott.......also I want to thank you again  for all the help you gave me to fix my gemmy santa