Abc Looking For Family Christmas Displays

I was contacted by Catrina Marsh who is a casting associate producer for ABC family for a new show called "Lights, Camera, Christmas!" They are looking for Families that go all out decorating there homes for Christmas. From what I gather after talking to here on the phone they are particularly looking for several families in a close area but even if you don't have any other homes in you area that go all out I would still contact her. If you are interested contact her this weekend either by phone or email as they want to nail down the finalist by next week. If they do select you for the next phase you will have to send in a 5 minute video of you and your family talking about your display (they send a list of questions). There is a cash prize for the best house! Below is a copy of the email I was sent along with her contact info:

My name is Catrina and I'm the Casting Associate on ABC's “Lights, Camera, Christmas!”, a brand new Christmas lights competition show. We are looking for families that do elaborate Christmas light displays during the holidays and I came across your website. I would love to talk to you more about your display and our show to see if it might be a good fit! The flyer is below. Please give me a call or email me with the best number to reach you at.

Thanks!

Catrina Marsh
Casting Associate Producer
ABC's "Lights, Camera, Christmas!"
424-256-9085
[email protected]
Follow me on Twitter! @CatrinaMarsh

Now Casting: ABC's New Christmas Light Decorating Competition Show!

Does your family have the most elaborate and outrageously decorated home each holiday season?

Are you the envy of your neighborhood?

Do people come from miles around to look at your decorated house?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are exactly what we're looking for to feature on ABC's New Christmas Light Decorating Competition Show! Contact us right away at [email protected] with your name, address, contact info and photos of your decorated house from this year or previous years. Please include your name, city and state in the subject line. We are especially (but not only) looking for MILITARY and MIDWEST families, so if you fit one of those, make sure to specify in your email.

All submissions become the property of producer. A small number of houses from across the country will be selected to compete for a CASH PRIZE!

^ Yup.  I haven't heard anybody who said they enjoyed being a part of a show like that.  Too many details, too much fine print, and not enough patients to deal with it.  I got the same email and turned it down.  I don't believe it will ever turn out into what you think it will be.

If someone wanted to take some video of my display and setup on my schedule and wasn't going to add the drama of reality tv to it, I'd think twice, but this is too much.

I did participate in a TLC Christmas special, "Invasion of the Christmas Lights" I think it was 3 years back.  It is a whole lot of work for what turns out to be nine or ten min. of air time. In hindsight I'm glad I did it. It's fun to watch and look back on. I did decline this latest special. Invasion of the Christmas Lights featured over the top displays around the country, no competition, no judging, just big displays. This special looks like it is some kind of contest with voting and a cash prize. I'm just not in to that.

We filled out the application, did a video, talked back and forth, they heard nothing else. 

Seemed like a great deal and a lot of fun at the time, but with a few days until we start doing Halloween, then Christmas right after that, even if they did call back, I think I would have to pass.

I did participate in a TLC Christmas special, "Invasion of the Christmas Lights" I think it was 3 years back.  It is a whole lot of work for what turns out to be nine or ten min. of air time. In hindsight I'm glad I did it. It's fun to watch and look back on. I did decline this latest special. Invasion of the Christmas Lights featured over the top displays around the country, no competition, no judging, just big displays. This special looks like it is some kind of contest with voting and a cash prize. I'm just not in to that.

Agree Bill, the whole competition plot from ABC is just looking for drama of the reality TV kind.  Showcasing the love of the work and happy smiles that come afterward is what a show about Christmas lights should be IMO.  TLC did a good job showing that with your display and the others.  Hopefully they show that re-run again this year.

We filled out the application, did a video, talked back and forth, they heard nothing else. 

Seemed like a great deal and a lot of fun at the time, but with a few days until we start doing Halloween, then Christmas right after that, even if they did call back, I think I would have to pass.

Xenon...would love to see your display on tv....hope you do it..

i signed up for it and sent in the video, now I'm hoping I dont regret it. They liked us because we have a two year old and 3 month old twin boys, so they'll probably play off that and watch my wife and i fight like children : ) but who knows, i'm still excited because they said if i get selected i'll have to set up the display early... HA that's no problem to me, I'd enjoy being able to do it in shorts and a t shirt. 

-chris