Lawnlights

Has anyone used the led version of these with any success. I have read both good and bad posts on amazon most of which complained about the lights not lasting and brightness fading during the season. i dont want to waste my time or money any input would be great.

http://lawnlights.com/

Edited by gsxr7500

Putting lights on lawns obviously won't work in Minnesota.  But I know that others have used regular mini lights on their lawns, sometimes in a pattern like a triangle, to highlight a key display element.  If you controlled the lights with LOR, using regular mini strings might make a nicer pattern.  The LawnLights brand that you link to seems to have "net light" sort of effect which is not my favorite look.

• 1 month later...

I had them in my yard last year and they worked great.  The only thing is you have to watch the UPS and Postman they have a tendency to walk through the yard to get to the front door.  They have a 9in stake that they set on and the spacing between lights I think is about 10ft so you can space them out and make it look random.  I wish we had snow in south GA so I could see them glowing under the snow.

I had them in my yard last year and they worked great.  The only thing is you have to watch the UPS and Postman they have a tendency to walk through the yard to get to the front door.  They have a 9in stake that they set on and the spacing between lights I think is about 10ft so you can space them out and make it look random.  I wish we had snow in south GA so I could see them glowing under the snow.

This is one of the drawbacks for sure. I have been using the incadescent ones for five years now and have had to repair at least three times because of the delivery men. Other than that they have been great switching to sparklling LED version this year.

I have been using the LED version of lawn lights for 4 years now and have had great luck with them.  I expanded last year and have 7 sets in use, you can see them in my videos at www.crazytechchristmas.com under 2012 videos for best vieiwing.  The snoopy vs. red baron makes a lot of use of them.

While they say you should not dim them, I have in fact done it without issue, I just use dimming with them as little as possible and look for times when on / off is best.

Even in high snow you can still see them via the glow under the snow if the 7 inch stake gets covered.

NOW - for the mail / delivery man - I post signs around my lawn perimater saying CAUTION Tripping Hazard and HIgh Voltage at ALL times - has little pictures of man tripping and getting zapped - I have not had a single issue with mail or delivery man crossing the lawn once those signs go up - most of them are careful when warned - if anything they have trippe me up a few times, but no damage so far.

2 years ago I was late in getting them out and I have multiple people come up to me to ask where they were - they are a fan favorite here.  I say go for it, they are really cool looking.  My only complaint is they do not have multicolor.  I had to purchase colored caps to get the look I wanted.

I have been using the LED version of lawn lights for 4 years now and have had great luck with them.  I expanded last year and have 7 sets in use, you can see them in my videos at www.crazytechchristmas.com under 2012 videos for best vieiwing.  The snoopy vs. red baron makes a lot of use of them.

While they say you should not dim them, I have in fact done it without issue, I just use dimming with them as little as possible and look for times when on / off is best.

Even in high snow you can still see them via the glow under the snow if the 7 inch stake gets covered.

NOW - for the mail / delivery man - I post signs around my lawn perimater saying CAUTION Tripping Hazard and HIgh Voltage at ALL times - has little pictures of man tripping and getting zapped - I have not had a single issue with mail or delivery man crossing the lawn once those signs go up - most of them are careful when warned - if anything they have trippe me up a few times, but no damage so far.

2 years ago I was late in getting them out and I have multiple people come up to me to ask where they were - they are a fan favorite here.  I say go for it, they are really cool looking.  My only complaint is they do not have multicolor.  I had to purchase colored caps to get the look I wanted.

I went to your site (Very nice)  I want to put something in my yyard similar to your signs.......Could you please tell me where you got them?

or do you have a file of the signs so I could get my own printed?

Thanks in Advance

I went to your site (Very nice)  I want to put something in my yyard similar to your signs.......Could you please tell me where you got them?

or do you have a file of the signs so I could get my own printed?

Thanks in Advance

I will check, I believe I have the original image - I had them printed at a local sign place, now the fun part is they don't have the wire frame part that you insert in the smaller size.  The fix is easy, you take a full size one and cut it in half with wire snips, that gives you two frames, so make sure you ask them for the full size wire so you have it to put the signs up.

I will email you about the sign itself shortly.