Sneak Peeking At Presents

Fsbirdhouse

A Tip for parents with multiple young children.

This only works for those young parents with at least two young children.

I know when I was a young child, I just had to peek at certain presents when the folks weren't around to stop me.

So..................Make a master list, and put raindeer names on them!

It works!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You put reindeer names on the presents.... so, I could use  Dasher in place of my daughter, Rachael.  Comet in place of my son Caleb.   The kids don't have a clue which present is theirs.  If you have several kids (I had four brothers) you might need to create a master list so you don't forget which reindeer name is which kid.

When I was a kid, we'd find the presents, slide a razor blade under the wrapping tape and then tape it back.  No one ever knew.  For some reason, our kids aren't devious like I was.  They have never even considered doing that.  We also have a tradition of putting a few wrapped presents under the tree weeks before Christmas and then after they go to sleep on Christmas Eve, we place Santa's presents, unwrapped, under the tree.  My daughter is a freshman in high school (14yrs old) and my son is in 6th grade (11yrs old), so they figured out the truth a couple of years ago.  

Stefan got it exactly right.

If there is only one kid in the house, you can always put Uncle pete or aunt mable's names on them, even though such people don't exist.

When the younster asks about them, just say "Don't worry. They'll be here Christmas morning. Promise!"

And of course they will be, in the person of the child!

BTW: Stefan,

Don't let the cat out of the bag. jonnyci might not know yet!

Shhhhhh!

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this thread because it is getting to be that time once again, and many may have missed the sound advice herein.

Always new folks reading this that might have fun watching the faces of the little ones as they try to imagine why all the Raindeer are getting presents, and none with their names to be found.

Of course they will ask why, then you might ask them just which list they might be on.

Naughty or nice?

Of course, this might just get 'me' on the naughty list.

Archived