Leaping Arches - Design/programming Question

I built several 5 channel leaping mini arches with the color pattern red - white - red - white - red . When the arches are lined up , all of the bottoms are red.

I was thinking of building another set to go in between with a different color pattern: white - red - white - red - white so that the bottoms of the arches are not all red.

My question is, are there any disadvantages of doing this ? More difficult to program? Will it look good?

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Our Belligio poles are the same way except they are 8 channels, our Mega trees are 16 channels with the odd channels being clear and the evens being red. It gives you some color plus it also gives you some options color wise while programming. I think you will like it. Here is a video of our display so it will give you an idea.

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:485]

Edited by SPaschall
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance of you sharing that sequence? Would love to see the parts with the poles and that center mega tree. Love the way you set that up.

[email protected]

Steve

Thank You for the kind words, as for the programming,I wouldn't mind but the sequence is part of a show that is continuous. I take all of my songs and voiceovers and put them all together as one long sequence. If you would like to see the whole show I don't mind sending you the whole show file, but if you are wanting to use it , the problem would be trying to set the timings up where it is dead on. The Center tree is a Z-Tree and is 10ft tall with a 5ft. base. Three colors in four zones, nearly 5,000 leds plus the 3d star.

SPaschall

Sure, I can look at it as a whole. Not overly concerned about the timings. I use the tapper wizard mostly and break things down from there. It's just seeing the sequencing and applying the patterns. Thanks. It really is an awesome display. Hope to double my controllers by next season, but don't imagine ever needing more than 128 channels as I have a small front yard.

Thank You for the kind words, as for the programming,I wouldn't mind but the sequence is part of a show that is continuous. I take all of my songs and voiceovers and put them all together as one long sequence. If you would like to see the whole show I don't mind sending you the whole show file, but if you are wanting to use it , the problem would be trying to set the timings up where it is dead on. The Center tree is a Z-Tree and is 10ft tall with a 5ft. base. Three colors in four zones, nearly 5,000 leds plus the 3d star.

SPaschall

Sorry, I'm a newb but what is Z-Tree?

Sorry, I'm a newb but what is Z-Tree?

Hey, a Z-Tree is a tree usually divided into 4 sections and at least 3 colors if you watch the video of our display in an earlier post on this thread the large tree in the middle is a Z-Tree. I personally like them because you can use one controller and it is alot more versatile when programming than a Mega Tree.

SPaschall 

Hey, a Z-Tree is a tree usually divided into 4 sections and at least 3 colors if you watch the video of our display in an earlier post on this thread the large tree in the middle is a Z-Tree. I personally like them because you can use one controller and it is alot more versatile when programming than a Mega Tree.

SPaschall 

Thanks for the info...it looks awesome!