Edm Transmitter Antenna Suggestion

Tried doing a search in the forum but didn't find anything so I thought I would throw this out and see if I could get some input. I have an EDM transmitter with the RDS option and am currently running it with the stock "test antenna" that it came with. So far I am not too impressed with it's range, basically get to about across the street. 

Would a new antenna, if so which one, help out with the range issue? Thanks for any input out there.

-Charlie

Charlie,

What kind of range are you anticipating to get with a different antenna??

You don't want the suits with dark glasses and no sense of humor knocking on your door during the holidays

Definitely not trying to get any more range other than a house or two but I live on a cul-de-sac and the transmission coming in while across the street is pretty sketchy to say the least. I may try fiddling around with the antenna more and see what I can get. I just thought I'd be able to get pretty good reception from across the street. Thanks for the help.

I just use plain old rabbit ears from radio shack. I make it into a T shape. There are sites that calculate how long it should be from end to end depending on the frequency of your transmitter. I have it running vertically. I get it at least 6 houses on either side of me while in my attic.

This is the one I have and it works great.  I won't mention how far it will broadcast to avoid avoid any negativity but it will do as little or as much as you need.

http://www.fmdxantenna.com/proddetail.php?prod=14tun

This is the same one that I use. Going on 4 years and it looks and works as good as the day it arrived.

It is a great antenna. The sound is as good as a commercial station.