Get Ready Blow Molds! Got My Electric Upgraded!

if you don't mind me asking. over all cost and how hard was it to get your power company it run the new line and meter? I'm going to add a sub panel this year. But I'm think about upgrading

well it was on the couple thousand side and we had no issues with the power company running the wire and my electrian put in the new meter also....its a good investment not just for christmas lights but also safe for my family now....my old power unit was not in good shape... :unsure:  :unsure:

Nice job - done correctly.  Always be safe around electricity.  My parents live next door, and they originally had a fuse panel.  The panel shorted out and started a small fire.  It was lucky I was home.  I ran over and pulled the meter base and put out the fire with almost no damage.  They now have a nice, new  breaker panel.

If you are comfortable with it do it yourself.  I upgraded my power in my house about a year ago and it was a long day but it was a couple hundred dollars.  The wire that was going to the house was big enough to handle the change from 125 to 200.  I had to run the new riser wire to the mast head, new meter base, wire between outside and inside and new breakers and re-attach all of the cables.  I felt good after the power company asked me a couple questions about the wire and he hooked up the main and looked at me and said the main turn on is on you.  I felt good hitting all of the breakers and getting off the generator. 

Edited by rangebob