Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHolmes

Have You Been Scammed By Dexter Haynes (Dexter Drake)?

ATTENTION:

Dexter Haynes is a known scammer in the Christmas community. It is advised you do not do business with him.

If you have been scammed by Dexter in any way, or if you have been approached by Dexter, please email me.

I am collecting information to determine the scope of his crimes. Please email me any and all evidence that you have: invoices, email threads, proof of delivery, etc.

Do NOT include person bias but simply the facts.

I appreciate your assistance.

Email [email protected]

Reading the other old post, it said he may also be using Dexter Drake as a name now. I thought he may be using another but I don't remember it right now. Can someone list all the names he has used that members here know of? That would help some of us newbies steer clear. Thanks and I hope you nail this guy.

Dexter Willams Got me before I saw these postings. He is running adds on craigslist now.  I decided to do some research and found the same add in Huston, Denver & Boulder Colorado, Philadelphia and more. I live in Denver. This is what to look out for.....

Christmas light O rama controllers and Cosmic color ribbon

I have 2 16 channel controllers for sale, fully assembled with enclosures and used 1 season. They have heatsink, and come with the software and all cables, I also have 3 CCR's for sale. Also used 1 season comes with contrllers for them and cables and software. Asking 150.00 for each item. or 600.00 flat for all 5. Email me ASAP if interested.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/dexwilliams7/photos

Please keep me posted!

We will get JUSTICE!

We are well aware that he has multiple aliases. While criminal action is unlikely due to the "small" nature of his crimes, civil action is possible.

Ad came up in the los angels craigslist area and I proceeded to email him back and forth. Each email is stamped and I will put me by mine and dexter by his.

Dexter Williams <[email protected] is where the messages were coming from and at no point did I send him any money or consider it. The ad looked just like CeeGee posted. [email protected] was his craigslist email.

Christmas light O rama controllers and Cosmic color ribbon - Craigslist

Sep 17, 2013 - I have 2 16 channel controllers for sale, fully assembled with enclosures and used 1 season.

Me

9/23/13
Hey I am interested in your light o rama units. Is there anything you would take for trade? music equipment, electronic drum set?

Dexter

9/23/13
No im sorry no trades. Money only. But I can knock 50.00 off the total of the 2.

Me

9/23/13
where are you located? im in the high desert barstow Ca, area

Dexter

9/23/13
Shipping only. I just moved up to seattle. Shipping is invluded in price

Me

9/23/13
can u post them on ebay or something? how do I purchase them?

Dexter

9/23/13
You can either mail a check or money order. I can give you my fedex acct number so that you wont have to pay for shipping the check or money order to me. And upon receipt of a tracking nunber I will ship the controllers to you. And email you a receipt of payment.

Me

9/23/13
d***, I hoped this wasnt a scam.

Dexter

9/23/13
Its not a scam, if thats what youre implying. I have been involved inthe planet christmas and enthusiast community for 10+ years.

Me

9/23/13
I cant just mail some stranger a check

Dexter

9/23/13
Ok. Thank you for your interest

Dexter

9/25/13
I now have a PayPal if you are still interested in them. Let me know

Me

9/25/13
do u have them listed somewhere for sale?

Dexter

9/25/13
craigslist.

Dexter

9/25/13
I can give you my PayPal email if you want to purchase the units. let me know.

Alright, I must have been the latest of this kids scams. I sent him $300 to Seattle about a month ago. I have been bale to dig up a lot of information on him but rather not share publicly. Has anyone had success in getting their money back?

He has posted a new craigslist ad:

Reply [email protected] [?]  flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of 

Posted: 2013-11-02, 10:28AM PDT

Brand New Light O rama controllers

I have 2 16 channel LOR Controllers for sale. they are the ctb16pc channel. Fully assembled by LOR. Never been used, still in the Box. Wasnt able to do a display this year. 175.00 each or 300.00 for both. Call me at 512-955-1706 and we can meet somewhere in Seattle.

Well...Thanks to paypal buyer protection I did get my money back. Thank God! Sure wish they would arrest this guy and get it over with! I did contact craigslist and let them know about him but I guess it's not helping. If you see his add on craigslist put a warning add up so others don't get screwed but this looser! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Update to Dexter

Here's the text of an email I received yesterday regarding Dexter Haynes/Williams. Looks like scam-boy might be finally getting his comeuppance. If he scammed YOU, don't hesitate to pile on. Couldn't happen to a more deserving scum bag.

"... I wanted to let you know that this morning Dexter Williams was apprehended by the police. He is currently in jail in Travis County for the next 48hrs, but in order for charges to be pressed against him, evidence needs to be gathered and presented to the detective in charge of the case.

Please contact everyone you know that has been a victim of Dexter Williams and his light scams. Here is the detective's e-mail address: [email protected]

If you know someone who has been scammed by him in the past but are no longer PC active users, please contact them... via email phone or what ever.. the bonds are not that high based on what I saw. about 3-4 grand will get him out.. usually 10-15% on bonds in Texas.  As much as I read when I first started with PC and other sites I saw him referenced on... he ripped off many people. Please let them know.. 

Sounds to me that enough people do join on the bandwagon with information and there has been (attempted) sales in more than one state, it becomes  Interstate commerce and that bumps it up to a federal case.   Too bad there are people like this out there taking advantage of unknowing customers.

This guy is running multiple scams.  Here are some of the current charges and cases against him. Unfortunately he was released on $40K bond in Austin 3 weeks ago and went back to Seattle.

Federal: Felony Theft of Service $1500-$20,000 (Case#D-1-DC-13-500341)

Federal: Felony Forgery of a Financial Instrument (Case#D-1-DC-14-201480)

Austin PD: Detective Westling APD #2260 (Investigating the felony charges): 512-530-7540

Austin PD: Theft Case #14501133 Detective Manning APD (Investigating my case): 512-974-2000

Seattle PD: Theft Case #1485887 (Tried to Scam R Place) Detective Blackburn SPD: 206-684-4300

We are trying to get the word out so no one else gets scammed by him.

https://www.facebook.com/dexter.williams.395669