C7 Mounting

chedched

Hi all.  I've been decorating for about 5 years with my C7s along my gutters.  I like the look of the bigger bulbs but can's stand when they are out of place.  I've been using plastic clips sold at Menards for  years.  They are now discontinued so I'm looking for something more permanent.  

So my questions are:  What are you using?  How long does it last?  How can I achieve the organized/uniform look?  

Thanks to everyone for looking ad I hope to get some great input.

Hi all.  I've been decorating for about 5 years with my C7s along my gutters.  I like the look of the bigger bulbs but can's stand when they are out of place.  I've been using plastic clips sold at Menards for  years.  They are now discontinued so I'm looking for something more permanent.  

So my questions are:  What are you using?  How long does it last?  How can I achieve the organized/uniform look?  

Thanks to everyone for looking ad I hope to get some great input.

I zip tie mine to 1-1/4" PVC. I have two strands, one white and one blue. I made hooks from 1/2" x 12" steel strap and painted them white. I attached the clips to the roof during late summer. I then zip tie the lights and walk out the garage and set the pipe onto the hooks. I use PVC couplings where needed. When I take them down, I leave the clips in place until it warms up.

I zip tie mine to 1-1/4" PVC. I have two strands, one white and one blue. I made hooks from 1/2" x 12" steel strap and painted them white. I attached the clips to the roof during late summer. I then zip tie the lights and walk out the garage and set the pipe onto the hooks. I use PVC couplings where needed. When I take them down, I leave the clips in place until it warms up.

I should have said. I attached the hooks to the gutter. Not the roof. I placed the one end under the drip edge and extend it over the gutter edge and bent it down about 3", bent it back straight, then bent it up. I zip tie the flat part of the hook to the gutter supports. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea but I may take it a step further.  I'm thinking of starting with 1 1/4 inch pvc and cutting some off.  Picture a channel in a "U" shape.  I'm thinking I can slide the base into the inside and leave the bulb exposed.  The tricky part will be cutting the right amount off.  Anyone ever seen this done?