Is There A Problem With Uploading Images Everything I Try To Load Says Its Too Big

john venturi

Is there a new problem with loading images that i am not aware of i tried to start a new topic and load some images and they all said they were too big...I load images all the time so I went back and tried to load images that i had already loaded before without a problem and they said the same thing too large...Is it just a glitch or something new does anybody know????

I loaded some pictures last night and there weren't any issues...I just tried right now to test and there does seem to be an issue...perhaps there is some maintenance being done on the site...hopefully its just temporary.  FYI  I didn't get that error message that you got...I just an icon instead of the picture I attempted to download as if there was no image for it to display..

Edited by Roadrunner000

I loaded some pictures last night and there weren't any issues...I just tried right now to test and there does seem to be an issue...perhaps there is some maintenance being done on the site...hopefully its just temporary.  FYI  I didn't get that error message that you got...I just an icon instead of the picture I attempted to download as if there was no image for it to display..

Thanks for trying at least i know its not just mine have a great day...

I think it is telling you that because you have maxed out your allowance for posting pics. Go back to some of your first posts with pics and take them out. Then see if your max size goes up.

You were right thank you so much i appreciate it have a great day....I didnt know we were only allowed so much space...

I learned last year.  I always take my photos and open them in paint and resize them to 25% their size.  Still plenty big enough on here, and it takes up only a fraction of your allowance.  It is just a way for us to "self monitor" this site and keep it from getting cluttered with older items.  It keeps an administrator from constantly having to do it to keep it up and running.  Besides, if anyone needs/wants a pic from an earlier post, they can contact whoever the topic belonged to and can get it via email or PM.  Have a great one.

I learned last year.  I always take my photos and open them in paint and resize them to 25% their size.  Still plenty big enough on here, and it takes up only a fraction of your allowance.  It is just a way for us to "self monitor" this site and keep it from getting cluttered with older items.  It keeps an administrator from constantly having to do it to keep it up and running.  Besides, if anyone needs/wants a pic from an earlier post, they can contact whoever the topic belonged to and can get it via email or PM.  Have a great one.

I kind of understand this but you have to admit one thing i hate it when i come across an old post with the building of something etc and you can read that there used to be images and now they are gone but i wish that there was a way to still see some of the older stuff just for building or making purposes...But i understand why they have to limit space...