Mega Tree Help

Without being able to see the sequence my assumption is they would want all green strings on one controller and all red on the other. I would start on the left side of the tree and put a green string on and plug it into channel 1 of the first controller(think green 1). Next I would put up a red string and plug it into the other controller into channel 1 (think red 1). Continue doing this counterclockwise around the tree alternating green and red (next would be green 2 and red 2). Some people (depending on the height of the tree) just use the string from the bottom to the top. Some use a shorter tree and go from the bottom to the top and then back down on the opposite side to double the density of the lights. Another option is to go from bottom to top and then back down so the end is only a few inches away from the beginning of the string (like an inverted V). You still will want to alternate the colors. Also you may need guy wires to stand up to the wind unless you tree is short and your lights are attached to c9 lawn stakes (which will act like guy wires around the tree). My first tree was only 10 feet and I used a metal fence post and slip the pcv pipe down over it eliminating the need for guy wires.

Without being able to see the sequence my assumption is they would want all green strings on one controller and all red on the other. I would start on the left side of the tree and put a green string on and plug it into channel 1 of the first controller(think green 1). Next I would put up a red string and plug it into the other controller into channel 1 (think red 1). Continue doing this counterclockwise around the tree alternating green and red (next would be green 2 and red 2). Some people (depending on the height of the tree) just use the string from the bottom to the top. Some use a shorter tree and go from the bottom to the top and then back down on the opposite side to double the density of the lights. Another option is to go from bottom to top and then back down so the end is only a few inches away from the beginning of the string (like an inverted V). You still will want to alternate the colors. Also you may need guy wires to stand up to the wind unless you tree is short and your lights are attached to c9 lawn stakes (which will act like guy wires around the tree). My first tree was only 10 feet and I used a metal fence post and slip the pcv pipe down over it eliminating the need for guy wires.

1+

It depends on the look you want but you could also attach say 4 red strings together then 4 green strings together making a 1/4 quadrent as you go around the tree, that way you would have more lights on when you make the tree lights spin.It also uses less channels. and makes for a nice look IMO

A lot of it you can't tell until you look at the "ready to go" sequence. Then you can see how many channels per color they programmed for or how many colors they assumed your tree would be. For example they may assume 8 channels per color in which case you can plug 2 strings together. But if they assumed 3 color trees (which I had) you may have to get more creative. Unless you add a 3rd color in which case you may want less of the red and green so your tree won't be too full or heavy.