I use Audacity, it's free and runs on several operating system and has a ton of features.  You can also get several additional plug-in's to increase its functionality.  It has multi-track capability which makes it easy to split channels, remove parts and drag them to line up the timing perfectly.

should I put my music through MP3 Gain before sequencing or it doesn't matter? it's not going to change anything except the volume level. also had a similar question. in the show editor can I set a startup sequence for when it begins and random song selection after that? I would also like some type of voiceover to randomly play between 2 songs. I wasn't sure if they have like Santa or something or my kids saying merry Christmas. should I just create a sequence with all my lights on and the audio is the voice over and have it randomly in the song selection? thanks guys.

You can run mp3 gain anytime. It can run in batch mode so you can do your entire audio file. As for random I remember some discussion on how that would work but don't remember outcome. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4