Can I Use Rgb Floods Or Not?

Next year will be the first year for the Halloween display.  I know I am going to use RGB spotlights on the tombstones and I was thinking of using RGB floods on the house.  I'm not sure with the bush and the tree on the side if it would be a good thing to try or not worth it at all.  I have never used RGB so I will have to buy everything to do this.  Thinking about getting the Holiday Coro RGB LED rectangular modules for the spots and the floods.  I know I have to get a DMX controller, thinking the pixel one from Holiday Coro also.  Just not sure if it would be worth trying to flood the house or just use the spots on the tombstones and call it a day.  I will be using LOR for all the lights on trees and bushes and such.

Thanks

post-1202-0-45193500-1382913610_thumb.jp

Edited by musicman

That house would reflect floods well. For a cheap option I recommend Rainbow floods from Seasonal Entertainment. For more powerful floods if you are comfortable building yourself I recommend Aether II's from DiyLightAnimation.com. The COOP for this year has passed but there will probably be another next year or someone might sell theirs.

That house would reflect floods well. For a cheap option I recommend Rainbow floods from Seasonal Entertainment. For more powerful floods if you are comfortable building yourself I recommend Aether II's from DiyLightAnimation.com. The COOP for this year has passed but there will probably be another next year or someone might sell theirs.

I see the rainbow flood has ethernet jacks on both sides.  can this be directly connected to a LOR network or do I need something else to control it with?

You could use a DMX dongle and a Rainbow Brain (or some other DMX controller). The Rainbow flood receives its power through the cat5 cable. You can hook up 2 floods per port on the Rainbow Brain so you can go from the first flood to the second and they will both light at the same time. I think there are 5 ports on the Rainbow Brain. I use an Entec Pro compatible DMX dongle. Or I think you can use a LOR DC Board with 3 channels for each flood. You then have to combine those 3 channels into 1 RGB channel in the LOR software.