Set Your Dvr's

santabob

10/24/13 - 09:31 AM]

"The Great Christmas Light Fight" Premieres December 9 on ABC

Michael Moloney and Sabrina Soto - both from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" - will serve as judges for the series, formerly known as "Lights, Camera, Christmas!" [via press release from ABC]

"THE GREAT CHRISTMAS LIGHT FIGHT" PREMIERES DECEMBER 9 ON ABC

First Reality-Competition Program of its Kind is Produced by FremantleMedia North America

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's" Michael Moloney & Sabrina Soto to Judge

"The Great Christmas Light Fight" is a new competition series in which 20 families from across America will decorate their homes to the extreme for Christmas - in ways that would certainly make even Clark Griswold envious - with a total of $250,000 in prizing ($50,000 won each week). "The Great Christmas Light Fight" will air on MONDAYS, DECEMBER 9 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT), DECEMBER 16 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT) and DECEMBER 23 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT) with back-to-back episodes on those two nights. Michael Moloney & Sabrina Soto (both from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition") will serve as judges for the series.

In the first Christmas lights competition of its kind for television, 4 families will compete each week to transform their homes for the holidays in just 21 days. These 20 families were chosen through an extensive nationwide search based on their previous elaborate Christmas light displays, incredible choreography and over-the-top designs.

"The Great Christmas Light Fight" comes from FremantleMedia North America ("American Idol," "America's Got Talent"). Executive Producers for the series are Brady Connell, Max Swedlow, Thom Beers and Jennifer Mullin.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember myself and others getting contacted by a casting group back in September for a show with a similar plot line.  Hopefully those here who jumped in can talk about their experience with it after it airs.  Certainly looking forward to the show, and yes, who do I need to cheer for? 

You gotta be kiddin me 50K........We made it to the final choices and when I was contacted by one of the producers on Sept. 27 and was  told to have my stuff ready for Oct. 7th .......I said you can't be serious I can't and if thats the case I'm declining......there was silence then he said are you sure and I said I'm sure I don't want to be part of it.

No one said to me they were giving a 50K cash prize....I could have hired some help for that kind of cash

Think I'm gonna be ill (LOL)   O,Well life goes on

I know, I guess when I was in contact with them the whole thing was still evolving in it's development. There was never any mention of money. I've been through this before with Invasion of the Christmas Lights. It was a pain and I was like, Do I really want to go through all that rush and stress again? 

It started out as a 1 in 16 chance of winning 50,000 grand. With a family from each episode winning and going onto a finale night show. About half way through, right before they changed the name there was a rule change and they changed it to 50000 per episode, to say I was excited would be a little misleading.

I had read some peoples comments on being like other shows like the one you were on Bill V, but it wasn't like that at all, luckily. Our producer was fantastic and they never forced us to do anything, other than make me repeat myself because I am a turrible actor.

http://abc.go.com/shows/movies-and-specials/blogs/movies-and-specials-listing/the-great-christmas-light-fight

Here's their official link to the commercial... don't worry there is a commercial advertisment before the commercial... LOL

But as I said, once the dust settles I'll write up all about my experiences in case they decide to do this next year.

I know what you mean Bill..........When they said out of the clear blue sky  I had to be ready in 9 days from the producers phone call  and I hadn't even started I was allready felling stressed  .......... It was like how can I get this done and still go to work and maintain my life...It seems your have to devote your life to them while this is going on. I mentioned something stupid I guess to the producer...I said I have 12,000 ft of extention cord in my yard how am I supposed to cut my grass and he just chuckled and said I don't know, and now I realize it's not his problem.

I understand they have production schedules they have to maintain, but our lives have to go on also......I guess if you have the time to devote to it, it would be a cool thing to do, but my life's ambitions don't include being on TV.........BUT 50K could buy  a lot of prozak  :wacko:(LOL)

thank God it was a very dry fall here, otherwise my head would be growing and my blow molds would be in a jungle.

that was one of the worst parts was keeping up with the leaves when I usually have no problem.

it was definitely stressful, but we have twin five month old boys and a two and a half year old boy. so setting up lights was less stressful then being inside with them. :-)

it was my escape for a week, too bad it meant I had to do the night feedings :-)

It started out as a 1 in 16 chance of winning 50,000 grand. With a family from each episode winning and going onto a finale night show. About half way through, right before they changed the name there was a rule change and they changed it to 50000 per episode, to say I was excited would be a little misleading.

I had read some peoples comments on being like other shows like the one you were on Bill V, but it wasn't like that at all, luckily. Our producer was fantastic and they never forced us to do anything, other than make me repeat myself because I am a turrible actor.

http://abc.go.com/shows/movies-and-specials/blogs/movies-and-specials-listing/the-great-christmas-light-fight

Here's their official link to the commercial... don't worry there is a commercial advertisment before the commercial... LOL

But as I said, once the dust settles I'll write up all about my experiences in case they decide to do this next year.

After reading this I had a thought .....I wonder if, because of more people like us were backing out because of the time constraints and then they decided to make it more appealing with more money??

thank God it was a very dry fall here, otherwise my head would be growing and my blow molds would be in a jungle.

that was one of the worst parts was keeping up with the leaves when I usually have no problem.

it was definitely stressful, but we have twin five month old boys and a two and a half year old boy. so setting up lights was less stressful then being inside with them. :-)

it was my escape for a week, too bad it meant I had to do the night feedings :-)

That does sound stressful...........In fact my wife had just undergone major knee surgery and at that point I was also her primary care giver. Unfortunatly I couldn't shut down the lab for a week, my customers are funny that way!!

I could just imagine my customers coming here and seeing a sign in the front window ..........CLOSED..........HOME PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS LIGHTS :confused: 

If these production companies- networks - whatever just had the wherewithal to shoot a year in advance, setup could be at the normal time and the product  would be so much better. In Invasion of the Christmas Lights I'm putting lights in trees with GREEN leaves and wiping sweat off my brow as I'm doing it. Ridiculous.

Ha, so realistic, but that was part of the competition. We had 21 days from zero to completion. We had to sign paperwork swearing to the time constraints, luckily my display isn't like yours, but I still was working on it when they came back, up until the producers said stop...still had a few minor iitems but couldn't finish

If these production companies- networks - whatever just had the wherewithal to shoot a year in advance, setup could be at the normal time and the product  would be so much better. In Invasion of the Christmas Lights I'm putting lights in trees with GREEN leaves and wiping sweat off my brow as I'm doing it. Ridiculous.

Excellent Point!!

We too are on the show. Our home will be featured on Episode 5. I can't say anything but good things about the whole experience. The worst part was when the crews left because we had so much fun being part of Hollywood even if it was only for a few days.

Archived