Using Same Show From Last Year

SPaschall

Right now I am really behind on our display due to our business,I have never had a problem with my programming being ready,and I don't think the new show will be ready in time. Just wandering how many use shows from the following year and just modify them for the new additions?

SPaschall

Well I hope that I can possibly get the new show ready by midseason but I hate to throw it out there without watching it and making changes if need be. I am really anal about that lol!

haha.  I still find minor errors on sequences that have been running on their 3rd year.  I assume most don't notice if I didn't.

I think you should not worry about using the same show as last year. I've been doing it for years. I'm lucky if I add a new song to the routine each year. It is time consuming enough making the changes to the old playlist as new props and channels are added each year, let alone add additional songs. I find that onlookers that have been coming for years each have their favorite and when or if I retire it when I add a new song, I get an unbelievable amount of negative feedback so keeping my playlist at around 13 songs (some of which have been used for 6 years) works great for me.

I do the same thing as many above do.   Most of my show is a carry over from previous years.  I do add a song or two each year, and "shelve" one or two of the older ones.  When I add a feature, like Bellagio poles, I modify all of the sequences to take advantage of the new feature.

I added additional elements this year, so re-used about 1/2 of last years and updated.  Sometimes this actually takes longer than new ones... : :wacko:  So out of 20 songs, about 10 are prior ones.... : :P Besides, the wife likes to say... "That would be a GREAT song to do.... Hunny... :wub:

I think you should not worry about using the same show as last year. I've been doing it for years. I'm lucky if I add a new song to the routine each year. It is time consuming enough making the changes to the old playlist as new props and channels are added each year, let alone add additional songs. I find that onlookers that have been coming for years each have their favorite and when or if I retire it when I add a new song, I get an unbelievable amount of negative feedback so keeping my playlist at around 13 songs (some of which have been used for 6 years) works great for me.

I can't say it any better and that is exactly what I do!