Led Gumdrop Pathway Lights & String Lights

Holiday Projectors

Hello Everyone! 

I hope this is an appropriate place for this thread, if not I apologize. About 6 years ago on a business trip to China I came across what I thought were the most beautiful Christmas Lights that I have ever seen. At the time I was a product developer for a US based Christmas company. Although I lobbied hard to acquire the rights for these lights, the tooling and design was owned by a foreign company and they wouldn't sell or license us the rights. Not wanting to step on our factories toes I let go of the idea of selling them. The closest that they ever came to the US is Costco Canada and EBay. I have since moved on from that job and now run my own Christmas business through HolidayProjectors.com. Many years had passed but for some reason this January I decided to see if the factory that made the lights was still in existence, and if they were, did they still had the molds to make them. After some serious effort, the factory and the molds were both successfully located and I will finally have my hands on these lights! 

Your probably thinking, what makes these lights so special? I guess my best description would be is that they look like actual lighted gumdrops, sugar coating and all. I think half the reason these lights are so beautiful is that there is so much effort that goes into making each one. Each light is colored to the exact matching pantone color of a gumdrop, sprayed with "sugar crystals", clear coated, sprayed with more crystals and then clear coated one last time.  When mother nature finally wins out, which she always does, it wont be so bad, each LED is color matched to the gumdrop color so any sugar loss won't be so visible as it will be lit from within by the color matched LED.

Our initial run came out so nice earlier this year that we decided to do matching pathway lights as well. They came out even better than I thought they would. Each one is 8" tall, 10 in a set, and covers 30 linear feet. We even put female plugs on one end so you can connect 90 linear feet of pathways with one AC adapter. They look awesome coordinated with the matching string lights. 

2013 is going to be our test run for these and if all goes well we will be going full throttle for 2014.  If there any Planet Christmas members out there that would be willing to test these I would greatly appreciate it. Since these haven't gone through a full season of use I am hoping to get some serious feedback; good, bad or ugly. I have set up a 20% discount coupon code for all members, just type in "planetchristmas" and it will apply the discount. Please remember, the pictures do not begin to show what they truly look like. The Gumdrops be featured in the FoodNetwork's Holiday magazine issue which is set to hit the stands next week, I'm sure their pictures will be much better than my photoshopped ones!

The lights are set to arrive some time next week but we are taking pre-orders now. We only have 500 sets of each type, 25 count, 50 count and 10 count pathway lights, so I'm hoping to be sold out by December 1. Any questions, feel free to message me or send me an email.

Thanks for listening!

Dan

Here is the link: http://www.holidayprojectors.com/GumDrop_Christmas_Lights_s/85.htm

Thanks Dan,  I have alot riding on these.  I've been telling all my decorating buddies about these and they've concluded that I will be the one to take the first risk.  If they are as awesome as

you say they are, you shouldn't have any problem selling out.

Thanks again

Mark

Thanks for the feedback, I'm confident you'll like them but like anything in made in China, I always hold my breath :)

They just got loaded on the train in Long Beach so they are on their journey eastward right now. As soon as we get them I'll let everyone know. We are just about at 50% pre-sold on the pathways.

Thanks again, I hope you all enjoy them for many years!!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Mine looked great after i went back and fixed them.  I let my wife and 13yr old daughter set them around the perimeter and install the globes. Last night i plugged them in and was not happy with what i saw.  Long story short, the girls came up with their own color pattern not what the factory had in mind, so blue led was with the yellow globe and green  with the red and so on. I spent all morning changing them but they looked great for the kick off show tonight.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2016 at 3:29 PM, Snowplow_Henry said:

Are these still for sale? I'm making a gingerbread house and would like to put these on the roof. How big is each gum drop? I'm not sure which set I want. Thanks!

We just saw these on display at Christmas Expo in Chicago, they looked very nice.

See here for details and for ordering ...

https://www.christmaslightshow.com/8-tall-gumdrop-sugar-coated-pathway-led-light-set-of-10-with-stakes.html

Archived