Patch's "deck The House" Contest?

I would not be expecting one this year.  They shut down all the sites here in Wisconsin a couple months back as they were not making any money.  Now the links give your a "Patch" page, but it is all generic national stuff and nothing local anymore.  The local editors did a great job covering the local news in the community and they are missed.

I am friends with one of the editors of Patch here on Long Island and I asked him about this.  He said he hasnt heard about the contest going on this year.  They usually dont find out until right before Thanksgiving.  He said I will be the first to know if they are doing it this year.  I will report back if i hear something. 

Thanks a bunch.

I teach in a school system that is high performing, but had major issues when the housing market crashed. Long and short, lost almost 300 teachers,closed 3 schools and tried to make up over 15 million in one year. Something like this would really be a shot in the arm for this school system.