Advice On Relighting My Find

I just found these two wireframes today, not one of the existing strands of lights work. I would like to try the get them read lips before Christmas, what do you think do I need to take off the Garland or can I doing overwrap. If I need to take off the Garland has anyone successfully done this before I'm assuming these are probably 20+ years old they don't show much where deterioration but I'm willing to bet the Garland this weak and will probably require replacement. Which is my next question where can I find an outdoor rated Garland? Thanks for your advice and helpemy6a4eq.jpga7anazu8.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope seems pretty slim, they are very old units the bulbs are falling out Of the sockets every time I touch it. And to make matters more complicated the bulbs are actually inside of the garlands you can't see them, you have to feel your way through to find the locations. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would just take some lights and tightly wrap them around it, that is one nice find, i wish i had them for my display! If your good a wiring lights you could color code them to each section, maybe even color the wire if you're particular. If you replace the garland just buy the stuff from walmart in 50ft bundles, works fine outdoors, i've used that garland for 3 years aand the only reason it has broke is because i pulled it too tight...

I would just take some lights and tightly wrap them around it, that is one nice find, i wish i had them for my display! If your good a wiring lights you could color code them to each section, maybe even color the wire if you're particular. If you replace the garland just buy the stuff from walmart in 50ft bundles, works fine outdoors, i've used that garland for 3 years aand the only reason it has broke is because i pulled it too tight...
I was planning on color coding the lights, I played with just wrapping lights but the green wire looked like poop! How would you go about color coding the wire? Glad to hear the walmart garland will work, wife was unemployed most of this year so I don't have much of a budget. Thanks for your ideas. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try to un wrap a little of the garland and from the look of the garland you should be good to put it back on.

You might have what is called twisted pair wire with vamp sockets

If so see how brital the wire is and maybe the sockets are just old

real nice find by the way they look great

Edited by DSE

I was planning on color coding the lights, I played with just wrapping lights but the green wire looked like poop! How would you go about color coding the wire?

Glad to hear the walmart garland will work, wife was unemployed most of this year so I don't have much of a budget.

Thanks for your ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well once the lights are on there, your could cover the individual lights with painters tape, and then use spray paint for the cord., maybe the stuff that sticks to plastic. Also you could take bulbs off other strands that don't wor, or however you could obtain them, and put the right colors in the right spots, and then there is no wiring needed. Hope i helped

After looking out for just a couple of minutes it appears the garland wrapped. it's a double wireframe and it appears both sides are wrapped, and then the ends are zip tied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A thought for you if money is an issue (as for all of us) you might think of using a spot light for this year and that will give you some time for next year... :)

• 3 weeks later...