Walmart Candy Canes

I just use wooden stakes.  No zip ties, just pound into ground, and slip the candy cane over the 6" or so that I leave extending out of the ground.  Cheap, easy, and most importantly, it works! 

When you say wooden stakes, are you talking dowel rod ?  If so what diameter are you using and do you make a point on the end you pound in?

A few weeks ago someone suggested building a candy cane tree, so thanks for the Idea.

I don't have the Wal Mart candy canes, but I do have a few Michael's candy canes from last year.  I built this wooden junction with 3/4 inch pvc to clamp the candy canes and plan on putting Velcro around the PVC and candy cane to hold them in place.  I will have a tie down rope in the middle of the tree to anchor the entire setup in place.  Here are some pictures of what I have done so far.  Not the best pics from my phone.

Happy Holidays,

Mike

post-13414-0-69055200-1385003472_thumb.j

post-13414-0-19607900-1385003485_thumb.j

When you say wooden stakes, are you talking dowel rod ?  If so what diameter are you using and do you make a point on the end you pound in?

Nope, just wooden stakes.  I'm at work right now, so I don't know the diameter, but let's about 1/2" by 3/4"? They fit nice and tight inside the candy canes, and since they're thinner than they are wide, there's space for the wire to hang down.  I'll try to post some pics tonight.