Dimmable Leds Not Dimming

I got a bunch of LEDs on my parkway tree.   40 strands of blue, 40 of green. Each set of 40 are plugged into a LOR Channel.

When lower the percentage of power on the LOR channels, the LEDs don't dim.  I put the power down to about 5 percent then it turns off.  When bringing them up, same thing,  Gets to 5%, the string appears to be 100%.

Now, here's the funny thing.  I plug the lights, put in a single stand of LEDs.  They dim fine.  No issues.  

Has anyone ever heard of that?

post-4608-0-64215600-1384572804_thumb.jp

Do a topic search on snubbers.  Many, many discussions.  Basically it's a male plug that has a resistor across the poles.  That many strings actually build up a charge in the wire and LED's and the snubber helps dissipate that built up charge.  Usually, but not always, placed at the end of the last string.   And YES, you can use a Glade warmer.  Some guys use the pine scent.

Edited by Jim H

Okay, this is easy enough.  With my parkway tree is done, it would be very difficult now to put snubbers or a C9 at the end of each run. Wish I looked into this a little further before I started.  But, I didn't have any idea.  Next year, it will be better!

If I put a snubber or C9 say, right on the SPT wire where it is plugged into my controller, would this work?  

Basically, I would put a female vampire connector mid wire, then plug the snubber.  I maybe able to put some on the ends, but not all.

Hmmmm... I have retro C7 on my roof as well.  They dim pretty good, but would this help?

Hey, everyone.. Thanks for your help.  Been doing this for 7 years, but this is the first major investment into LEDs.  I also started dabbing into DMX this year.

I don't think it makes a difference where on the run. You are just trying to add resistance on that particular channel. I would try a C9 and see what happens. I have a cherry tree in my display that I wrap and control with three channels each with 3000 C6 leds per channel and I actually connect a string of 100 count mini lights to each channel  and place them in a black trash bag out of sight. (Really high tech huh) works like a charm.

I got mad :angry: and pluged in about 6 snubbers in various locations on the tree.  It worked... 

I have an older LOR controller (2007) and someone told me the older ones sometime have issues because they didn't have LEDs in mind when it was designed. 

Anyway, it is working now.  Thanks everyone for your help