Led Or Halogen Floodlights?

I recently bought halogen floodlights for my plywood cutouts. I recently went back to Lowes where I bought them and noticed they now sell LED Floodlights. Does anyone use the LED version? Are you happy with it? I'm afraid the LED will come off way too bright.

I bought the dimmable LED Floodlights from Lowes...when they were clearanced. I like them, their not as headlight bright as the Halogen but they do just as good a job and pulls so much less electricity. Because I use an LOR I needed the dimmable as the regular ones require too much warm up time...like the lamp bulb ones...to use with an LOR.

I bought the dimmable LED Floodlights from Lowes...when they were clearanced. I like them, their not as headlight bright as the Halogen but they do just as good a job and pulls so much less electricity. Because I use an LOR I needed the dimmable as the regular ones require too much warm up time...like the lamp bulb ones...to use with an LOR.

Hmmm I don't know if they were dimmable or not. When you put the lights on full power are they still pretty bright? I was concerned they'd be too bright.

Lowes has the LED outdoor floods in the holiday section for about $10. Walgreens carried them last year and I really liked em and had no problems dimming them on my LOR system. After christmas I couldn't find them anymore. When I saw them this year at Lowes I snatched them up and am swapping out all my halloween and christmas floods to these. The are under the Lowes Holiday Living brand. 200 lumens, 2.5 watts, 4000K.

Lowes has the LED outdoor floods in the holiday section for about $10. Walgreens carried them last year and I really liked em and had no problems dimming them on my LOR system. After christmas I couldn't find them anymore. When I saw them this year at Lowes I snatched them up and am swapping out all my halloween and christmas floods to these. The are under the Lowes Holiday Living brand. 200 lumens, 2.5 watts, 4000K.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I think you just sold me.

I didn't buy the LED Floodlights in the holiday section, I bought the regular LED Floodlights that look like a floodlight bulb. The ones in the holiday section that I saw had the 3 LED bulbs in a circle with what looked like a reflector.  I guess its just a personal choice as well as the cost factor. The ones I bought work very well with my LOR no hesitation and light the area up just like a regular floodlight does.

Yup those are the ones. Would you say the coverage area of light is about the same as the halogen? I currently have three of the halogens. Should I get three of the LED version or will two be enough being the light is a rectangular shape not round like a regular halogen.