Mega Tree Bottom Hoop Anchoring

I use gray PVC pipe for my bottom hoop to connect the Mega Tree lights.  The hoop is 2 foot or so off the ground resting on re-bar.

Problem - With the tension of the lights, the hoop whats to lift up.  In past years I've sunk anchors around and tied it off but am looking for a better solution.  I also don't want to do away with the hoop & anchor the lights directly to the ground.

Edited by Tim Bateson

Tim I am planning a new 8-10 ft. mega tree for next year and have been thinking about the exact problem you are talking about.  This is one solution I am considering.  Put 4 t's equally spaced around your bottom ring  with the center opening of the t pointing down.  Use a short piece of pvc for each t on the bottom  opening and then connect two pairs with elbows and straight pieces of pvc.  Then you can set the ring down and slide concrete pavers over the pvc 'legs'.

HTH

Bob

That may not be all bad.  I won't use pavers - kills the grass, but I can make a bottom T that can be pined down.  I like the idea, but will have to think about it for a bit to see if it will measure up.  Thanks.

Edited by Tim Bateson

What I have done is to put 8 PVC T's on the tubing.  the 1" T's slip right over the 3/4 Conduit.  Then I took 18" pieces of 3/4" PVC (the T's are 1"x1"x3/4") I drive 6"into the ground.

Next I take 8 pieces of 24" rebar and pound those in the ground outside of every T.

I then took Rope and tied around each T to the Stakes.

The tree just went through 70MPH winds and did not move.

If you are looking for Pics and instruction, take a Look at Monkhouse stuff @ http://www.magicchristmasnews.org/

Good Luck

What I have done is to put 8 PVC T's on the tubing.  the 1" T's slip right over the 3/4 Conduit.  Then I took 18" pieces of 3/4" PVC (the T's are 1"x1"x3/4") I drive 6"into the ground.

Next I take 8 pieces of 24" rebar and pound those in the ground outside of every T.

I then took Rope and tied around each T to the Stakes.

The tree just went through 70MPH winds and did not move.

This is what I do - Looking for something that works better.

I use gray PVC pipe for my bottom hoop to connect the Mega Tree lights.  The hoop is 2 foot or so off the ground resting on re-bar.

Problem - With the tension of the lights, the hoop whats to lift up.  In past years I've sunk anchors around and tied it off but am looking for a better solution.  I also don't want to do away with the hoop & anchor the lights directly to the ground.

I use 4 Walmart orange anchors on each of my mega trees. They are $8 but screw in fast. I don`t use guy wires on my 20 foot trees but have the base cemented in.50 mph winds would lift up on my hoops that are 2 foot off the ground and cause my lights to become loose. I use wire from the anchors to the hoops. This is the best system I could come up with.