Strobe Light Spacing

I am adding 50 strobe lights to my display this year. I was thinking about putting 25 on my 20' mega tree and 25 in another area (house or tree). What is the standard spacing for strobes on spt wire? I'm sure it depends on personal taste, but I just don't want to put them to close together.

Thanks

IMO, keep it to 10, maybe 15 on your mega tree and use the rest on the yard and house.  Space them out so you can fill up the entire space you normally use for lights.  I think it's a really amazing look when you can make the whole display sparkle by way of strobes.  You can even put them on 2 separate channels if you wanted to, so you can turn just the mega tree strobes on for a different effect.

So these are the first strobes you will be using in your display? or you are adding 50 more?  If this is their introduction and you want to highlight the mega then sounds great. I have 35 in my 20 ft. mega- 3-4 ft. spacing. but I love strobes.  Just always keep in mind the way to get the most out of them is not overusing them. 

So these are the first strobes you will be using in your display? or you are adding 50 more?  If this is their introduction and you want to highlight the mega then sounds great. I have 35 in my 20 ft. mega- 3-4 ft. spacing. but I love strobes.  Just always keep in mind the way to get the most out of them is not overusing them. 

These are the first strobes. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the strobe bulbs from CDI, but how do you mount them?   Do you use a strand of C-9 and replace every Xth bulb with a strobe?

Or is there a special wire with very wide spacing just for this purpose?

You guys have me intrigued...

-r

I was looking at the strobe bulbs from CDI, but how do you mount them?   Do you use a strand of C-9 and replace every Xth bulb with a strobe?

Or is there a special wire with very wide spacing just for this purpose?

You guys have me intrigued...

-r

You will probably want to buy SPT-1 zip cord and then these.  This is how I did all of my strobes.  You can place them wherever you want.  Sometimes they are a bit finicky to clamp on, but a pair of channel-lock pliers work really well if you're careful not to crush the sockets.

Edited by vkjohnson

Thanks.  I'm looking at these for my church (for next year). This would be to cover a section of roof, so probably 20-30 feet between to cover the area we need.

11071972244_a6ac577b54_z.jpg
Edited by Russ