Where & When Is Your Virginia Christmas Lightshow

Frank Farmer

The Franktronics Christmas Lightshow is located in  Gloucester (near Yorktown/Williamsburg) at 3618 George Washington Memorial Highway (23072). I will be running the lightshow from November 30th till Jan 4th everynight from 6PM till midnight.

I have upgraded a lot of my lights to RGB, this years light show is running at 8032 channels!  More information and videos are on my website http://lightshow.franktronics.net

Where and when is your lightshows?

My display, clocking in at an estimated 85-90,000 lights and 200 channels (still under construction) is located at 16598 General Puller Highway, Deltaville (Deltaville is on the Chesapeake Bay, an hour north of Norfolk and 1:15 east of Richmond - I'm about 35-40 minutes north of Frank's show). December 1st was the goal - Not gonna happen! May be partially lit by then, but planning on a Friday, December 6th startup. for the whole deal. Will run through January 3rd. Show runs 5pm-11pm. http://facebook.com/DeltavilleLights for updates.

We are working on our display, but the blast of cold is slowing us down. Looks like rain and cold this week, so I am unsure if we'll have our debut on Thanksgiving like I wanted to. BUT, this year is going up so much quicker than last year now that all my extension cords are done!

Lake Ridge Lights is in Woodbridge, VA about 10-15 minutes off I-95 if you are up this way and want to look. http://www.facebook.com/LakeRidgeLights

Bill V., glad to hear you are back up this year! We'll be visiting for sure.

We might see if we can make a day trip down to see Frank's and Stephen's displays this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Just can't this year........Bill V I empathize with you.....been a rough year for us.  I had triple a triple by-pass in July and have just not recovered from that.  Family and friends have been awesome, but just not capable of putting up the display without me being hands on.  I will trust that I will recover and be back again next year, if nothing else it gives me a chance to get out and see some of our great Virginia displays.  Definitely heading to Gloucester and Deltaville very soon.  Traditional Christmas blessing to all.........Roger

Finally finished on Saturday - Had a bunch of families and kids stop by while we were cleaning up after dark. Now, if only this rain would quit, I could actually turn the lights on and take some pictures/video. 

Let me know for sure if any of you make the trip out this way!

Finally finished on Saturday - Had a bunch of families and kids stop by while we were cleaning up after dark. Now, if only this rain would quit, I could actually turn the lights on and take some pictures/video. 

Let me know for sure if any of you make the trip out this way!

I hear you on the rain! Freezing rain all yesterday and rain all today and a winter storm watch for tomorrow. Not to good of a start for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stephen and Frank,

We are heading up your way this evening.........first chance I have had to get away. Going to hit Deltaville first then down to Franktronics and back to the house.  Bill we are going to try and get up your way one of these times. 

Wish I could reciprocate.......but I will be able to next year.......take care

Getting this posted late...our display is in Sterling, VA (near Dulles airport northwest of DC).  Address is 149 Seneca Ridge Dr (not far from 7 and Fairfax County Parkway)...we will have the display up and running through New Year's.  Weeknites until 9, weekends until 10. 

• 11 months later...

Getting this posted late...our display is in Sterling, VA (near Dulles airport northwest of DC). Address is 149 Seneca Ridge Dr (not far from 7 and Fairfax County Parkway)...we will have the display up and running through New Year's. Weeknites until 9, weekends until 10.

Came by tonight. Display looks great! I have to know what kind of radio transmitter you have? The signal was awesome!

Archived