My Neighbor, My Inspiration

I'm in a bit of a funk. My neighbor was the driving force behind my decorations this year. This will be my first year going all out.  

This morning, an ambulance, 2 firetrucks, the fire chief, and a coroner showed up at his house.  I didn't get a chance to tell him how he has inspired me to decorate beyond boring white lights.  I know that would have thrilled him to bits to know that he had created another monster.  His house is sitting unlit, full of his friends and family, comforting his wife and children.  He didn't get a chance to be our resident Griswold and plug in his lights this year.  I will miss his colorful and elaborate display of awesomeness.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have crossed over into the world of over the top Christmas.  My yard will be dedicated to Ken this year. 

I really want to do something to honor the master of holiday decor.  He's a legend in our neighborhood. It would only be right.  But I just don't know what to do.  This will definitely take some planning to make sure it is tasteful.

I really want to do something to honor the master of holiday decor.  He's a legend in our neighborhood. It would only be right.  But I just don't know what to do.  This will definitely take some planning to make sure it is tasteful.

whatever you do...im sure it would be great for his honor and his love for christmas

Thank you for the suggestions.  I began designing this gingerbread house right after Christmas last year.  My neighbor, Ken, inspired me to no end with his awesome holiday decor.  Just wish I was able to tell him and show him the monster that he created without even knowing it.  I kept my tribute to him small and simple - I tucked it into the gingerbread house.  The other names are my son, Jacob (still here on earth), and my cousin, Walter, that died a few years ago that I miss dearly.  They are all on the "Good List"   :)

This will go out in my front yard lit up inside and out.  

post-19233-0-85905700-1385604025_thumb.j

post-19233-0-03175300-1385604225_thumb.j