Lights On When They Shouldn't Be

I have 4 - 8 channel arches in my display that I built a few years ago. I think this is the 3rd season. They are controlled by two controllers. I bought the lights from Target. 

When I tested my display this year I ran into an issue, a couple of the segments remain on when they are not supposed to and some come off before they are supposed to. 

I do not know if this is a light problem or a controller problem. 

Any ideas?

What type of controllers are you using?

If they are LOR does each have their own address/unit # set?

If the data line is running a long distance and it is next to the power cables sometimes the power cord will interfere in the data signal. the two should not run next to each other for more then about 5 feet.

Any description of your setup will help us help you.

Cheers,

Lee

If it's a showtime controller

unplug

set unit id to  0 0

plug in for 10 seconds

unplug and return id to original setting

PC controller

unplug

pull the jumper off the pins at the upper right of the circuit board

plug in for 10 seconds

unplug and put jumper back on. (Make sure you get it on the same pins)

plug back in.

They are LEDs. What do you mean put a load on them?

LED's sometimes do weird things, not turn off or stay on, or flicker on some channels. A lot of times those issues go away just by adding a little more current draw on those channels. I take a short length of spt and a vampire socket with a C9 bulb that is painted black and add it to that channel. Many times it resolves the problem. I would do a little test. Plug in a string of incandescent mini's to affected channels and see if the problem goes away.

I've got the same thing going on. It's my first 16 channel controller. I've got lights coming on and going off randomly. I haven't got my controllers in a very good place for easy access, or I would try to reset it. I just put the main power supply on a timer with my sign spot light. When the timer comes on I see the light that are connected to my first controller come on. AT the end of my show I see then turn on and off randomly. I'll wait until after the season when I take the props down to run a check.