Just Getting Started

We have a moderate display in comparison to many, with a total of about 20,000 lights along with various lawn ornaments. I don't foresee adding too much more as far as lights go, but will be transitioning to LOR for next year. We are going to purchase the "starter kit" with 32 channels. We already have a dedicated computer that runs the timers, music (wireless to outside speakers) and FM transmitter, that will be used to run the sequences. I have extensive technical experience with networks, design and programming, I am hoping that helps with setting up the show and programming the sequences...

I was hoping to get some advice from the vastly more experienced users on this board on how to begin and if you think we are headed in the right direction.

Sounds like a good direction and a manageable step. I would order your starter kit early so you have time to do your sequencing and get familiar with the software. I bought 4 controllers to start and only used 2 the first year because I started to late in the year. It takes a lot of time to sequence. Do you use Zara radio? If not it is a free download for personal use and it will let you run a Christmas radio station 24/7, you can program it to switch to your show music when the show starts then switch back to regular music after the show ends.

Good luck, fill free to PM me with questions if you need to.

Lee

I have been using Windows Media Player and a scheduled task to start and stop the playlist.... I will check out Zara radio, it may be a much better solution!

We do plan to order it in the next few weeks. I have a room that I can use to hang lights hooked up to the controllers so that I can see how the sequences look. I may just take you up on your offer to help once I get started.

Thanks for your response!