Wire For Rgb Lights

musicman

I know I will have to get some extension wire for RGB lights when I start building and then placing them. i was looking at Ray Wu's and while the price is nice the shipping kills the price.  I was looking for something more local and found this at Lowes http://www.lowes.com/pd_162127-295-49276902_0__?productId=4326695&Ntt=4+conductor+18+awg+extension+cable&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3D4%2Bconductor%2B18%2Bawg%2Bextension%2Bcable&facetInfo=

Will this work? or is it not going to work for RGB lights for some reason?

Thanks

Thanks for the answers, like I said I am looking for something that I can buy more local, or free shipping, because shipping wire is really expensive.  I take it steve that you have had no problems with that wire when it comes to running RGB.  500 foot sounds like a lot right now, but I know it won't be once I start laying everything out!  

Any more advice on wire, please let me know.

Correct, pick a pair you want to use I use the Orange and Orange/white for the clock and data  then I use all the striped wires as the Neg lead  and all the solid as the Pos lead.

On the 3 wire setups I just twist the Orange and Orange/white together as one.

For the dumb (single pixel) stuff I useeach pair as one lead. Orange - Orange/white = Positive ( + )  then I use the blue - blue /white for the Blue, the green - green/white for green, and the brown - brown/white for the red

This is only for the RGB 5 or 12 volt DC lighting.

I used some solid stranded wire from Home Depot this year for my RGB extension wire.  I just found one of them broken this weekend.  I thought I had (another) bad solder job done by yours truly.  When I swapped out strips I found that nothing worked when hooked up to this section.  Replaced it; wa-la.  Everything up & running.  I am going to go with some type of stranded wire next year.  This was easy to use, though and readily available....