Hle Pre Season Sale 2014

hotrod1965

Will you sell C9 and C7 bulk socket wires by the foot instead of the fixed length of 100', 50' , 25'?  So instead of buying one 100' and one 50' during your pre-sale, can I just get 150' and you don't even need to terminate it?

It would be nice if you just have a bulk socket wire item for each wire color priced by the foot and then for the quantity we would specify the length.

I've thought about doing that, but the extra cost to the customer isn't worth it. You could buy a 100' and a 50' and the plugs for less than it would cost if I rolled off 150' off a bulk spool, packaged it up and mailed it off. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thought about doing that, but the extra cost to the customer isn't worth it. You could buy a 100' and a 50' and the plugs for less than it would cost if I rolled off 150' off a bulk spool, packaged it up and mailed it off. 

Are the fixed length strings with plugs the same as the bulk reel?  Would I be able to add sockets or cut these fixed length strings to my desired lenght?

Are the fixed length strings with plugs the same as the bulk reel?  Would I be able to add sockets or cut these fixed length strings to my desired lenght?

Yes. 

But the 25 footers we have coming in are basically as if we cut 25 foot off a spool. There won't be any plugs on them.  In the past we had the 25 footers with the plugs, but folks were just cutting the lead and plugs off anyway, so we are doing just 25 feet of wire at a lower cost. 

I've never ordered on line, but I'm wondering if you carry, or if "they" even make red or blue LED chasing lights?

I've never seen them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  You can easily get RGB strings to do this with a simple controller. 

The first sentence, I understood.  The second sentence sounded like the parents off of Charlie Brown, except that Charlie is a lot smarter than me!  I've seen the RGB letters, but have no idea what it means.  I like the term 'static' because it describes my lights and my brain.

The first sentence, I understood.  The second sentence sounded like the parents off of Charlie Brown, except that Charlie is a lot smarter than me!  I've seen the RGB letters, but have no idea what it means.  I like the term 'static' because it describes my lights and my brain.

That's funny. 

RGB lights basically are LED's that you can control the color on. You can make them any color you like with a controller. Smart RGB lights mean that you can control each individual light on the strand of lights. 

there is a sub forum here that talks all about RGB lights and what folks are doing with them. It will definitely do a better job explaining it than I can! 

How does your Pure White string LED color match with the retrofit C9 color?  I made a large string order from you this week and still considering what to do with the retro C9's that I plan to redo my rooflines with.  I'll need about 1000 bulbs and dont want to drop that much cash on retros if they have a different color.  I've also got a lot of older cool white strings and wonder how much different Pure white will be from those.  I'll be phasing the cool white out over the next couple of years but.........still a little concerned since my display is all red/white/warm white and color mismatches will really stand out. 

How does your Pure White string LED color match with the retrofit C9 color?  I made a large string order from you this week and still considering what to do with the retro C9's that I plan to redo my rooflines with.  I'll need about 1000 bulbs and dont want to drop that much cash on retros if they have a different color.  I've also got a lot of older cool white strings and wonder how much different Pure white will be from those.  I'll be phasing the cool white out over the next couple of years but.........still a little concerned since my display is all red/white/warm white and color mismatches will really stand out. 

You could always order a couple retro bulbs now and see how they match up, then order what you need. You have plenty of time still on the pre sale. 

I can also try and get some side by side pics of the bulbs and our strands and post it here. 

Thank you sir!  If you can post pics, that would be great.  I am not sure the timing yet, but you do have great pricing on the C9 compared to other sites I have researched.  Trying like others to keep peace with the wife on funds being spent.

I won't tell your wife! 

I'm going to try and get a video out on the pure whites tomorrow. 

What is a better option for wrapping mini trees and a large tree in my front yard, 5mm or M6?  These will be within 5-20ft of the road as my yard is relatively small.  Color will be warm white.

What is a better option for wrapping mini trees and a large tree in my front yard, 5mm or M6?  These will be within 5-20ft of the road as my yard is relatively small.  Color will be warm white.

Personally, I rather use 5mm. They have a smaller lens so they are easier to work with. Looks wise they will be similar. 

This video shows C6, M5 and 5mm side by side on some bushes.  

Thank you sir!  If you can post pics, that would be great.  I am not sure the timing yet, but you do have great pricing on the C9 compared to other sites I have researched.  Trying like others to keep peace with the wife on funds being spent.

I put together a quick video for you this morning. 

I'm excited to see you have RGB pixels in stock. Could you please post a pic of the C9 opaque covers? http://www.holiday-light-express.com/light_information.php?partnumb=RGB-WS2811-C9tech-50&stock_printout=

Would you be willing to compare the brightness and color of the 5v vs. the 12v pixels you have in stock?

The RGB's are true pre order, so we don't actually have them in stock yet. Once they are here, I'll be happy to get some videos for you. 

I'm having a devil of a time with these pics... Trying to figure it our today! I'll post back once I got them on the site. 

Awesome!  They look great  Thanks for adding them to your store.  At $1.18 per pixel they are competitive with retrofit C-9s.  

I can't get as many as I need want this year.  Are you planning on stocking any or will you get just enough for the presale orders?

Archived