Say What? Worst Neighbors In The World.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/12/18/neighbors-letter-newton-massachusetts-christmas-lights-are-flagrant-display-religious

Disclaimer:  This is not my house.  I'm in GA, not MA. I just read this story on facebook.  

I feel bad for this family.  They received a letter from a cowardly neighbor stating, "not everybody in the neighborhood is Christian, and many people do not wish to see such a flagrant display of your beliefs ...  religious matters aside, your decorations are beyond tasteless. They are cheap, tacky and kitschy and a terrible eyesore."

Really? How rude! 

It would be so easy to figure out the jerk that sent the letter.  Process of elimination.  Involves a lot of baking and cookie tins with a manger scene...hand deliver to each neighbor and study their body language and tone of voice.  Easy to spot 'em.  They probably wouldn't waste their time, but I would.  I like a good challenge and that would be an amusing one to take on.  

<----- see the reindeer? That's how I look when I get a crazy idea

Edited by Eggbah

I live in MA and  this has been on the news.   Good thing is all the other neighbors have pulled together for them.   Funny thing is, it is really not over the top.    Unfortunately almost the same thing happened 2 years ago here.  Someone put a note in another persons mail box telling him his display was rubbing it in others faces that he has money.   Also that he is wasting electricity and it is scarce?    Told the guy if he did not scale it down, he would do it for him.

I live in MA and  this has been on the news.   Good thing is all the other neighbors have pulled together for them.   Funny thing is, it is really not over the top.    Unfortunately almost the same thing happened 2 years ago here.  Someone put a note in another persons mail box telling him his display was rubbing it in others faces that he has money.   Also that he is wasting electricity and it is scarce?    Told the guy if he did not scale it down, he would do it for him.
Been on the news here in Springfield mass, I think most neighborhoods have one Scrooge, but this wasn't really called for

Get Hotrod1965 to pay for shipping and everyone donate a few dollars to send .. granted we don't know where to send.. but I could so see something like that happening.. lol.. I am expecting my letter over the next couple years if we stay in this home... She lives right across the street, but the other neighbors have told her already, "don't push your luck.. " the police told her to stay on "her side of the street.. ".. I wish her well.. and have hoped that the holidays would hand her a snickers and make the grinch go away.. but so far... no luck... 

Edited by Sidetrack73

I live in the Silicon Valley where the population is very diverse. Everyone has there own holidays and traditions and we all have a good time with it, lights, food, party's.

I have one neighbor, I have not the slightest idea where their from, no one speaks English there at all, but...at every holiday there are massive decorations, house party's and lots of good food.

I truly believe that most people just want to get along.