Mega Tree Using C9 Leds - 12" Spacing

Planning my upgrade for all LEDs for next year......

For my mega tree, I thought about using C9 LEDs on cord with 12" spacing.  I like this option because I can replace individual bulbs if they burn out vs. replacing whole strings.  Of course, on a 20ft tree, this means only about 21 lights per string (16 channels) vs. 100 lights per string if I go M6 or C6.  Could go to 6" spacing, but then basically double the costs.

Is it a mistake for me to go this way?  Should I just go with standard 100 light M6 or C6 stringers?  Pros and Cons?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I ask the question some years ago, about using c9s for a mega tree and had no response. I went ahead and used c9s and found out why people don't use c9s for mega trees - THE AMOUNT THAT THEY WEIGH you better have one strong pole and an easy way to get them up the pole. I now use c6 strings for my mega trees.

Thanks for that advice.  I hadn't even thought about the weight issue.  I am use christmaslightshow.com's setup with a crank, but I can still see weight being an issue.  I was curious about having enough lights (would be using Minleon C9's, which are pretty bright).

I did a 10 foot on a utility pole in my yard a few years ago. with C9s and it was a nightmare. first off they draw so much power you can't connect them back to back more than like 2 or 3 strands. I had to have 5 cords going to the tree so I don't blow the fuses. the other issue I had was the tree didn't look full at all. the next year I used minis and it looked so much better. also, I would suggest getting a 32 hook head versus a 16. my mega is 16 this year without a pulley and next year will be 32 hok head with a pulley. without the pulley is a nightmare and doubling each hook for a 32 strand is difficult. a 32 hook head will allow for easy expansion of more lights on the tree. I got the kit from Christmaslightshow and it shipped fast and was good kit. enjoy.