Walmart Candy Cane Holders Diy

Thanks everyone. If you think it, you can do it....lol These you types of things can be welded with the inexpensive 110 flux core welders because you are just doing small welds and not long beads. If you can hit the trigger and make spot welds, you can do these. Only draw back to flux core is the clean up after. It does leave a film on the work and some splatter. But a good wire brush will clean them right up! I keep a drawing app on my phone so when something pops into my head, I have a way to put it into something I can make into a project. I even just draw stuff up into paint on my PC....lol I do have a CAD program if I want to make a measure-able drawing, but most times, it is just a doodle I can't get out of my head....

Thanks everyone. If you think it, you can do it....lol These you types of things can be welded with the inexpensive 110 flux core welders because you are just doing small welds and not long beads. If you can hit the trigger and make spot welds, you can do these. Only draw back to flux core is the clean up after. It does leave a film on the work and some splatter. But a good wire brush will clean them right up! I keep a drawing app on my phone so when something pops into my head, I have a way to put it into something I can make into a project. I even just draw stuff up into paint on my PC....lol I do have a CAD program if I want to make a measure-able drawing, but most times, it is just a doodle I can't get out of my head....

I so know that feeling...  I now carry notepads with me do doodle on when that thought strikes.  You just never know..  And if I don't put it on paper pretty quick it either drives me nuts until I can or I start forgetting details.  That is why I always carry pencil and paper just in case.

I really need to learn welding..  I think I could do so much more if I knew how.  I keep hearing how messing flux core is and the clean up but never say the before and after shots of it.  Soldering a PCB can get messy if you use flux but not nothing some alcohol and a brush can't take care of. :)  My only other thing is a supplier for the metals etc. for the projects.  Not much in the way of them around my area I don't think.  I'll have to look though.

Thanks for the inspiration!  Although I think my family won't be thanking you. lol

• 2 weeks later...